• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On An Airplane Next To A Fat Guy

got CLEAR for free

I guess if you live long enough you become the asshole, huh?
Yeah, I get it free, but have only used it once and it was WAAAAAAY slower than if I had just stayed in pre-check. Also, I'm still bitter that the OG Clear "stole" my money many years ago. They auto-renewed our memberships a week before they folded and declared bankruptcy, so they immediately ceased operations and we couldn't get our money back.

i figure the move is to google CLEAR vs. pre-check before you go to a new airport but mostly just eyeball which line is shorter

MCO is funny. Sometimes Clear is short and Precheck is long. Sometimes the other way around. Never made much sense to me.
I've been flying out of MCO a lot more lately. Precheck at 6 am has never been more than 15 minutes. Weekdays, it's been 5 minutes. Saturday mornings has been 15.

Went to a Nationals game last week and noticed they had a CLEAR line. Feels pretty worthless except for opening weekend and the playoffs.

I’m guessing the thought is there will be a need for more TSA screeners, and those costs are passed along to the airlines.

I took allegiant for the first time Thursday. Not a terrible experience. And hard to beat direct for a long weekend at Universal. But man. Different clientele on board.

I took Breeze to New Orleans last month and it was a surprisingly pleasant experience. Might’ve just been because we were traveling without kids but I had no complaints.

I took Breeze to New Orleans last month and it was a surprisingly pleasant experience. Might’ve just been because we were traveling without kids but I had no complaints.

I've been looking to try Breeze. But it's not in avl yet.

I took allegiant for the first time Thursday. Not a terrible experience. And hard to beat direct for a long weekend at Universal. But man. Different clientele on board.
It’s fine as long as you know what you’re getting into. Worth it to get the extra legroom seats.

It’s fine as long as you know what you’re getting into. Worth it to get the extra legroom seats.

For the four of us to go round trip and direct for 1k was money well spent. Not sure I'd be interested in longer flights with Allegiant. But the one hour down to Orlando was perfectly fine.

For the four of us to go round trip and direct for 1k was money well spent. Not sure I'd be interested in longer flights with Allegiant. But the one hour down to Orlando was perfectly fine.
We did the flight to Vegas a couple of Cjristmases ago but we figured since it was our son’s first flight and during Covid it was best just to do the one flight and avoid layovers. Mostly went fine it was just so late by the time we landed.

It's all fun and games until the flight back gets cancelled and they can't reschedule until 3 days later. Also yes re: clientele. Lots of COVID deniers for sure (last time we flew with them masks were still required but there were a lot of chin wearers on the plane).

Back