• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On An Airplane Next To A Fat Guy

Fun plane stories I've probably already shared:

1) Coming back from Deacs/ND football through Chicago a big African dude who didn't speak good English locked himself in the lavatory with his carryon shortly after takeoff. He refused to come out throughout the flight and for landing. The FAs were pretty freaked, though they thought he was likely either sick, high, or both. They asked me and the guy across the aisle from me if we were willing to take him out if he made a rush on the cockpit (which is weird because he couldn't have gotten in post-911). FBI agents came on with guns drawn after landing and hauled him out of there. Never heard what his deal was.

2) Landing gear wouldn't come up on a flight from Vancouver to Dallas. Every time the pilot tried to pull it up it messed with the cabin pressure badly, and my dad and I lost equilibrium once and thought the plane was spinning to our death. Made an "emergency landing" in Seattle with fire trucks and ambulance screaming along side the plane. Everyone was fine - at least physically.

3) Double amputee veteran almost died from SLC - CLT. Frantic calls for doctors/nurses answered and 3 passengers jumped into action, gave him oxygen/chest compressions and saved him. Heard the guy was a couple days late on his dialysis and had a heart attack. We were descending faster than I've ever seen to an emergency landing in Wichita, but leveled off once he was revived and made it all the way to CLT. Ambulance got him off the plane first and everybody cheered.

4) Small private plane crash landed on the runway in front of us in Marsh Harbour in the Bahamas. Never heard if people were hurt/killed, but think all was relatively OK. Had to take a taxi to the other side of the island to make it out of a different airport.

There are honestly a few more, but this is long enough. Basically, don't fly with me.

I mean you should switch seats for Biden. Not because he is the president, but an old ass senior citizen should be in the aisle.

How often are yall ordering drinks on a flight? I am a borderline (full blown) alcoholic and I hardly ever do it. Really only if im upgrading to first class and it's not a business flight.
Is it not normal to enjoy a Double Woodford as the pre-departure beverage and then a couple more Double Woodfords in the air on a 50 minute flight between Jacksonville and Charlotte/Miami? Asking for a friend.

for max protection wouldn't he need to be in the middle with Secret Service flanking him? or the window so he has 2 SS next to him?

Clear actually helped a LOT at the hell that is MCO tonight. Regular security lines were 60+ min; Precheck was 35+; and I shockingly got through in about 10 minutes.

Clear actually helped a LOT at the hell that is MCO tonight. Regular security lines were 60+ min; Precheck was 35+; and I shockingly got through in about 10 minutes.
MCO is funny. Sometimes Clear is short and Precheck is long. Sometimes the other way around. Never made much sense to me.

Back