• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Sox

Not if you knew anything about his body of work down in Tampa.

??? Carl's splits for his career in batting average:

April: .270
May: .301
June: .296
July: .298
August .298
September: .308

I would say that his body of work speaks of consistency over the long haul.

I have watched Crawford since he first came up, game to game he might be streaky, but for him to go an entire month hitting the way he did to start this year is very unusual.

Phan is just angry his boys are being left behind. Tough schedule, they seem to have been on the road forever.

Nah, he's pretty butt-cised the best player in the AL East is playing RF for his Rays.

Carl is ridiculously streaky and aggregate month to month is not a good way to measure that. But he will go on tears where he cant make outs and then go on stretches where he cant get a hit. That's just the type of player he is. Over a long period of time it evens out. The problem with him is that his approach is pretty weak so when he is struggling with the stick he doesnt get on base at all.

Carl is ridiculously streaky and aggregate month to month is not a good way to measure that. But he will go on tears where he cant make outs and then go on stretches where he cant get a hit. That's just the type of player he is. Over a long period of time it evens out. The problem with him is that his approach is pretty weak so when he is struggling with the stick he doesnt get on base at all.

Someone who is familiar with his body of work.

I'm not upset we didn't re-sign him. That's an awful contract.

Someone who is familiar with his body of work.

I'm not upset we didn't re-sign him. That's an awful contract.

for the sawx i think its fine for the rays it would have been crippling. I worry some about his legs after playing on the turf all those years. The red sox for whatever reason also kept claiming he would develop more power and I just dont think that is the case.

for the sawx i think its fine for the rays it would have been crippling. I worry some about his legs after playing on the turf all those years. The red sox for whatever reason also kept claiming he would develop more power and I just dont think that is the case.

Agreed to your entire post. I'm not sure how much power he can develop with that approach. We'll see, and the park obviously helps.

Crawford crushed one to right last night, but only had warning track power.

uggh cant believe i forgot to bring my headphones to work for the day game today

ughh were gonna get swept by the awful white sox. pedroia with two bad defensive plays in the same inning didnt help much

Millwood's been terrible no chance he pitches in the big leagues this year. The yanks already cut him.

Last edited:
Back