• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chinatown DC -- Cool / inexpensive Restruants?

Nah

It was a sticking point in me taking my job, I asked for 6 months cushion to move to D.C. so she could find one

Her work turned her down to WFH

Still hoping she gets an offer elsewhere and she can leverage it with current job and they'll change their minds

Is it not easier for her to be in town already? Or do you need that second income already to rent?

We ran into that for the latter because my wife was moving to D.C. after we got married and didn't have a job yet since she had just finished her Masters. I loved into our place a month before the wedding. Lotta landlords didn't want to rent to a single income, even though it wouldn't have been an issue.

We could probably rent on my salary rn but there's no crazy rush at this point to move out of my cheap Philly rent

Jim Vance died

Back before DVRs made commercials obsolete, we loved to joke about the Jim Vance news promos. "A serial rapist is on the loose breaking into houses. Is he in your bedroom right now? Find out, at 11."

Back before DVRs made commercials obsolete, we loved to joke about the Jim Vance news promos. "A serial rapist is on the loose breaking into houses. Is he in your bedroom right now? Find out, at 11."

meanwhile he was fucking your girl

When did the name switch from Verizon Center to Capital One Arena? Saw it in a Guns and Roses commercial and googled to see where they were talking about.

All of the signage is still Verizon Center, but the official change happened in early August. I remember when it changed from the MCI Center to Verizon and they had those signs changed quick.

But somewhat on topic, I checked out Succotash last week at 9th and F and thought it was pretty great. The Nashville hot fried oysters and the dirty fried chicken were both amazing. We also had the fried catfish which was really well done. The space is pretty awesome. Very wide open. They also make a decent manhattan, which is, for whatever reason, becoming harder to find. It ain't cheap tho.

All of the signage is still Verizon Center, but the official change happened in early August. I remember when it changed from the MCI Center to Verizon and they had those signs changed quick.

you can still see directional signs for the MCI Center around town...I remember a few on Capitol Hill

But somewhat on topic, I checked out Succotash last week at 9th and F and thought it was pretty great. The Nashville hot fried oysters and the dirty fried chicken were both amazing. We also had the fried catfish which was really well done. The space is pretty awesome. Very wide open. They also make a decent manhattan, which is, for whatever reason, becoming harder to find. It ain't cheap tho.

Whenever I have to go to National Harbor for a conference I eat at Succotash. Based on your review I’m guessing the DC one is a little better though.

you can still see directional signs for the MCI Center around town...I remember a few on Capitol Hill

I know there is at least one sign on Rhode Island that says MCI, maybe at 7th. There may also be one at N. Cap.

Whenever I have to go to National Harbor for a conference I eat at Succotash. Based on your review I’m guessing the DC one is a little better though.

Never been to the one at the Harbor, but I really did like the one downtown.

Going to a show at The Anthem tonight. Anywhere around there to eat/drink before hand?

Back