• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

@BrianSciaretta: Kicker reporting that John Anthony Brooks has been called up by Klinsmann for the Bosnia game. A source close to Brooks confirms it to me

@BrianSciaretta: This news is massive to the #usmnt. Brooks is indeed an elite talent and could play in the next 3 world cups before the age of 30

While I would definitely not complain if this turned out to be true....why the US team?...because he likes living here?

He'd finally have some kind of challenge.

I know everyone likes to put Pep on a pedestal, but he's yet to coach anything other than a pre-built all star team. I'd wonder what he'd think the first time someone told him Brek Shea is an actual professional soccer player.

@BrianSciaretta: Kicker reporting that John Anthony Brooks has been called up by Klinsmann for the Bosnia game. A source close to Brooks confirms it to me

@BrianSciaretta: This news is massive to the #usmnt. Brooks is indeed an elite talent and could play in the next 3 world cups before the age of 30

Wow, big news indeed. Never seen the kid play, however.

He'd finally have some kind of challenge.

I know everyone likes to put Pep on a pedestal, but he's yet to coach anything other than a pre-built all star team. I'd wonder what he'd think the first time someone told him Brek Shea is an actual professional soccer player.

Something I read said he liked the American sporting spirit or some shit.

My guess is he would get paid a lot of money to only coach 15-20 games a year and gets to live in the US. The only real challenges would be advancing in the WC and beating Mexico. We have a pre built all star team when you compare our rosters to the rest of concacaf.

Something I read said he liked the American sporting spirit or some shit.

My guess is he would get paid a lot of money to only coach 15-20 games a year and gets to live in the US. The only real challenges would be advancing in the WC and beating Mexico. We have a pre built all star team when you compare our rosters to the rest of concacaf.

Still pretty big challenges, TBF. The top 10ish teams in the world essentially only really have to worry about advancing in the WC and their continental championships, unless they royally fuck up qualifying

Last edited:
A.S. Roma ‏@OfficialASRoma 19s
80': GOOOOOL! BRADLEY! Aris-Roma 1-2 (17' Udoji, 70' Burdisso, 80' Bradley) #ArisRoma

I sent a tweet to Ian Darke suggesting that the best 11 when healthy are Howard, F. Johnson, Besler, Cameron, Dolo, Jones, Bradley, Donovan, Dempsey, Zusi, and Altidore. He responded "yes except Beasley might be the better left back surprisingly." Question I have is whether either Beasley or Johnson are likely to play left back for their clubs this upcoming season.

I sent a tweet to Ian Darke suggesting that the best 11 when healthy are Howard, F. Johnson, Besler, Cameron, Dolo, Jones, Bradley, Donovan, Dempsey, Zusi, and Altidore. He responded "yes except Beasley might be the better left back surprisingly." Question I have is whether either Beasley or Johnson are likely to play left back for their clubs this upcoming season.

Beasley plays LW for Puebla.

Not sure where Johnson will line up for Hoffenheim, LB/LM, but I'm pretty confident he'll be starting.

@GrantWahl: Source: CONCACAF announcement on possible Klinsmann suspension may not come until Saturday.

Back