• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

“Inside WakeyLeaks” from The Athletic

Of course that motherfucker brought up Duke Lacrosse. Way to really put a cherry on that shit sundae

For those of you in the "know", I have heard it reported that Elrod has been asked about Wakeyleaks and his comment was he is not allowed to talk about per NDA. Does this mean that Wake Forest paid this assclown money to keep quiet about this? Is it possible that Wake just wanted this thing to go away as quickly as possible so paying him was the quickest way?

For those of you in the "know", I have heard it reported that Elrod has been asked about Wakeyleaks and his comment was he is not allowed to talk about per NDA. Does this mean that Wake Forest paid this assclown money to keep quiet about this? Is it possible that Wake just wanted this thing to go away as quickly as possible so paying him was the quickest way?

Doubt that Wake paid him. Probably agreed not to press charges and reveal more of what they found in emails and texts in exchange for an NDA.

Gotcha. That makes better sense. Let's hope so. Still wish they would have pressed charges on him.

I'm surprised the Wolfords didn't sue him. If my kid got hurt with some shit like this I'd be at least exploring the option with a lawyer.

Last edited:
The NDA makes sense if it is to stop him from leaking other information he knows or could receive about Wake football or Wake in general.

The NDA makes sense if it is to stop him from leaking other information he knows or could receive about Wake football or Wake in general.

I have always questioned how much higher this might have been operating well beyond Wake Forest. The guy was fixing games. Or, at the very least, helping to influence the outcome of games.
Was this angle ever investigated? Everything I've read has been, "Awe.... shucks... this guy gave away Wake's playbook." People were betting on these games!!!

This is why I was disappointed how little attention this received.

Last edited:
I have always questioned how much higher this might have been operating well beyond Wake Forest. The guy was fixing games.

This is why I was disappointed how little attention this received.

I think that has to be for some kind of direct monetary gain(or link to one) to be a real problem which does not seem to be the case but I don't doubt the feds ears perked up when this came out. I'd bet some kind of check was carried out, but this seems to be pure spite.

I kinda forgot that Feldman wrote that long article about coaching his kid’s peewee team and how he got advice from Clawson along the way. They must be (somewhat) close and i wonder if he looked into it again for Dave. Would be interesting if they dug up some more details - agree with BSD it’s *highly* likely there’s more out there…

I'm enjoying this thread way more than I should , especially the moments when someone asks, " Wait a minute...which giant douchebag who hates Wake Forest are we talking about...Tom Elrod or Donald Ross".

I kinda forgot that Feldman wrote that long article about coaching his kid’s peewee team and how he got advice from Clawson along the way. They must be (somewhat) close and i wonder if he looked into it again for Dave. Would be interesting if they dug up some more details - agree with BSD it’s *highly* likely there’s more out there…

I can confirm there were others from conversations with members of the AD.

Back