• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

“Inside WakeyLeaks” from The Athletic

The only fallacy again permeating is the wrong assumption that saying Wellman was negligent is a defense for the intentional tortfeasor. It’s obviously only the reality of joint & several liability.

e4665f74235b82fd8589f79effd4fac4.jpg

Huge piece of shit, but somehow still lives in WS. The article says it best, if this was Clemson or Georgia, there would be holy hell, but because its Wake, its a small story. He put players at risk, he wasted seasons, all because he wasn't retained, and yet he faces no criminal or civil penalties.

What an asshole.

You can 100% apply the same standard to the coaches who knowingly took those stolen plays and devised defensive stops that could clearly put player safety at risk and alter the outcome of the games. To me it's not much different than the one who sold the gun knowing its intended use (Elrod) or the one who pulled the trigger (opposing coaches); they're both equally guilty in my eye. Didn't Mack Brown hire one of those assholes after "vetting" their involvement in the situation? If so he's equally asshole IMO.

You can 100% apply the same standard to the coaches who knowingly took those stolen plays and devised defensive stops that could clearly put player safety at risk and alter the outcome of the games. To me it's not much different than the one who sold the gun knowing its intended use (Elrod) or the one who pulled the trigger (opposing coaches); they're both equally guilty in my eye. Didn't Mack Brown hire one of those assholes after "vetting" their involvement in the situation? If so he's equally asshole IMO.

Jay Bateman. Mack let him go after the UNC defense sucked for the last 3 years sans the benefit of the opposing teams plays. Bateman is now the LB coach at Florida.

People dont get run out of town enough these days. This is a prime example of someone who should have been run out of town. Imagine a coach doing this pretty much anywhere else and they stay in town afterwards.

What astounds me is that Elrod doesn't WANT to leave town apparently. Damn I would basically enter witness protection and be living in a Airstream in the wilderness in Wyoming.

Small consolation, but love the fact that the Athletic has given this matter new legs and attention. Everyday Elrod hopes the whole matter fades a little more. It should never fade. He should feel pain everyday.

Small consolation, but love the fact that the Athletic has given this matter new legs and attention. Everyday Elrod hopes the whole matter fades a little more. It should never fade. He should feel pain everyday.

Yep. Reading the Comments is refreshing. It's nice to see people care even if they have no affiliation with Wake.

I am in no way defending Elrod or his actions

Did he lose a kid to cancer and possibly have a second child fall ill? Perhaps that is why he stayed in Winston

The world is a small place...met Elrod many times during his stint with Verger. He was a dick then and he's a dick now.

Not so extreme. What I said was it didn't make sense to have someone so close to the program, when we just ended his career.

No one “ended his career” that’s hyperbolic nonsense, he could have easily found another coaching job elsewhere - he chose to move to radio, pretty obviously because he’s a diehard townie that refuses to move away from Winston.

He hired two of them: Bateman and Galloway, and announced that he was fine with them, that they were upstanding men.

No one “ended his career” that’s hyperbolic nonsense, he could have easily found another coaching job elsewhere - he chose to move to radio, pretty obviously because he’s a diehard townie that refuses to move away from Winston.
Exactly if you're going into coaching the idea that you can remain employed by your hometown alma mater is just not realistic.

show us the post, Clownald Ross, where you questioned Elrod's hiring. We'll wait.

Donnie is, as always, full of shit. In his own words, he did initially defend Elrod and did not suspect anything wrong with the hiring.

This is just wrong that he did this and for so long. If he hates Wellman & what we're doing st Wake he should have just said so and gone and get another job like the rest of us. The more I read about this the more pissed I am at Elrod. This is so immoral. I'm sorry for my initial reaction to try and defend him. This is terrible.

I never would have suspected Elrod but I was looking at it through rose colored glasses of knowing the guy (as was Wake).

If memory serves, the four identified dirty recipients of Elrods malfeasance are:
Shane Beamer
Ray McCartney
Joey Galloway
Jay Bateman.

Mack hired the last two "upstanding indivduals" onto his staff at the baby blue no class school where he coaches.

I am just curious. Where does his wife work?

the funniest part about this is that by no means did donaldross need to insert himself into this conversation

right? earlier today I was actually about to post "remember how donaldross defended elrod when the news broke?" but decided it wasn't worth summoning the ginger fuck

lol

0 evidence of anything released right now. All we have is a statement from a man who told us we should see that Buzz is winning. Not saying the evidence isnt there, maybe it is, but we need to see it. Why not show it?

Not really, but if they have the goods, I'm interested in seeing them. It's not enough for me that they say they have them. Not defending my friend, but if they have them, show them. If you're going to end a guy's life, it's not enough to just do it. Show us.

The conclusion I draw from this is our AD thinks we are just going to believe everything they say without proof because he believes he is really, really smart. And we aren't. Oh wait, that's the conclusion I already had from the last 24 years. You have completely trashed someone who has spent the last 20 years with us and actually attended Wake. Let's see why. If you have the goods, we're ready to fry him. But I doubt he actually gave them our plays. Clawson calls it "incomprehensible." Riley Skinner calls him a "stand up guy" and finds it "hard to believe." Forgive me for agreeing.

Exactly, how quickly everyone forgets Duke Lacrosse and throws tar at anyone daring to ask questions about anyone with a clean record accused of such horrible conduct.

If all is true (which I still doubt), there needs to be a serious debate about why this former employee of the AD was given all of this information. As all know, I'm not on Wellman's side right now. Clearly, the AD isn't calling me to help with anything and understandably so. I want him fired for what I feel is the greater good of my alma mater. They fired Elrod. He understandably felt the same way about Clawson. Why give him the plays? He should be like any member of the media. If all they are saying is true, Wellman should be called to task as well. Bear that in mind as you view this rose colored press release which paints one person as so horrible in an effort to insulate the AD. That's why I want to see what actually happened. I'm glad to fry Elrod if what the implication they are leaving actually happened but I'm not so sure it did until they show it. Further, I'm betting it's not as bad as implicated. Looking forward to seeing it when it comes out.

Back