• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

'17 Specials & '18 Midterms Thread

That’s so fucking baller

Fox has always been bad, but now they're just over the top. CNN and MSNBC certainly have their flaws, but Fox has taken their efforts to a whole new level since Trump's election. And it's not just that nearly every news story is blatantly pro-GOP, pro-Trump, anti-LibDem everthing, but it's clear they deliberately feature stories that play to the prejudices and anger of their viewers - anti-Hollywood, anti-academia, etc. I also frequently see stories on the website front page on UFOs and other paranormal crap, conspiracies, sex scandals, and crime/murder stories that play to their base. It's as if the National Enquirer created it.

Nah Dude, CNN is just as bad as Fox, these things are equal.

23316593_1558911360833646_1005899596512558228_n.jpg

haha

There are certainly going to be more minority Dem politicians for Republicans to hate.

Best I can tell, there's been absolutely nothing newsworthy today about Trump or Russia, and yet: First 7 headlines!
535ec0b7cf0612a28a0bb6cd947d334b.jpg

Best I can tell, there's been absolutely nothing newsworthy today about Trump or Russia, and yet: First 7 headlines!
535ec0b7cf0612a28a0bb6cd947d334b.jpg

Dude, your wife is going to destroy you if you treat your first anniversary like that.

Do it. Double down Steve.

Last edited:
If that is his and the general Pub message next Fall, both are in for a rude awakening. Trump and the Pubs won last year in part on the message that they had a great health care plan, and that the ACA was the worst piece of legislation. Most of the electorate could at least recognize that the ACA had some serious flaws, and many voted Pub to give them a chance at solving the issue. It is now painfully evident to all but the most ardent of Fox viewers and Breitbart readers that the Pubs did not have a plan. Instead, they operated in secret, rather than holding hearings giving insurance industry, consumer reps, and AMA & AHA reps a seat at the table. Their 1st 2 iterations of their plan were opposed by the AHA, AMA and consumer groups and was only endorsed by the insurance industry. Their last iteration of a bill was panned by not only the AHA, AMA and consumers, but also by the insurance industry. There was literally no affected group who was okay with the bill.

Race baiting, foreign policy, trade issues and the like don't directly affect the average American. Health insurance and care affects us all. In fact, I can say that Trump is the 1st president ever to affect directly my life with his refusal to subsidize industry payments, and my payment is tripling, as I commented on another thread. Brat and other Pubs are cray cray if they seriously believe the majority of the public won't be blaming them for our looming health care implosion. VA voters as much said so in yesterday's exit polls. If the Pubs continue to let the ACA implode, which Trump appears wont to do, they're going to be the ones held responsible in 2018 and 2020. But if they're reading yesterday's results correctly, they should move on to Plan B and ask Lamar Alexander to save their butts by working on a bipartisan deal. Then they can trot that out there and say they fixed the ACA. That would be a much easier spin. But I doubt that that is the path they will choose.

As I’ve said repeatedly, the Pubs never had a better plan. The incessant and mostly dishonest Pub railing against the ACA was essentially just BS to score political points and smear/oppose Obama. It was cynical and coldly calculating, deceptively destructive and ,alas, “successful”. Until that dog caught the car.

As I’ve said repeatedly, the Pubs never had a better plan. The incessant and mostly dishonest Pub railing against the ACA was essentially just BS to score political points and smear/oppose Obama. It was cynical and coldly calculating, deceptively destructive and ,alas, “successful”. Until that dog caught the car.

Yep. They did everything possible to delegitimize Obama. Birtherism didn't work but they gave Trump the nomination for trying.

Back