• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

'17 Specials & '18 Midterms Thread

Signs from the PA-18 special election.

27067701_1716820378394502_2274738939945825884_n.jpg

It's going to be tough but knocking off Cruz would be glorious.

Sabato currently has it as a Cruz likely, and Cook has it as safe. With an energized Dem turnout, I think this could be a close one. I'd be surprised if Cruz wins by double digits. Over the last couple of decades, have we ever had this many close senate races? A year ago, we thought the only Pub held seat that would be close was NV. But now TX, TN, and probably 2 AZs could also be close. On the Dem side, FL, IN, MO, MN, WI, ND, MT and maybe OH & WV (I think Manchin is safer than some believe) could all be close. By contrast, 2014 only had 6-7 reasonably close races.

They’ll Clap, But Will They Campaign With Trump?

Stivers’ case that Republicans will hold the House is a mix of determined optimism and cold calculation—though one that, in the face of the Democratic wave most assume is coming, can strike people as either compensation for panic or straight-up denial. The case: “Battle-tested” incumbents and benefits from the tax bill will feed an overall positive sense of the economy—they’re branding it “the Great American Comeback”—helped along by a massive outside money advantage and beating up on House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi.

But the first reason, he says, is a factor everyone knows about, but which Republicans rarely tout out loud: “I think it starts with the congressional lines,” Stivers said, pointing to the successful gerrymandering after 2010. Later, asked whether that validates Democrats’ argument that Republicans have tilted elections to their advantage, Stivers shrugged off the criticism: “You can say that, but the people elected them.”

They keep saying the quiet parts loud.

Wow. That is huge. The roaches continue to scatter.

Sounds like a man who wants to leave the public sector and cash in.

Sounds like a man who wants to leave the public sector and cash in.

But why does he need to leave to cash given the power he’s accumulated?

And why leave now?

Back