• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

'17 Specials & '18 Midterms Thread

The Republican Party is so fucking ridiculous. I'm not against a recall or an impeachment if there is a legitimate reason (i.e. treason) but to use this as a political tool? Give me a fucking break.

The Republican Party's war on democracy rolls on.

I too say this is very positive news for Claire McCaskill.

Not saying its going blue or anything but it already takes a lot to take down an incumbant, even a weak one like Claire.

Former Democrat Bobby Bright seeks old House seat -- as a Republican

I worked on Bright's 2010 campaign as a field organizer. Bright had A LOT of bipartisan support, but I think ultimately got washed out with the "No-Bama" midterm wave. I talked to thousands of people that hated Democrats, but really liked Bright because they knew him personally and knew how hard he worked to do what was right for Alabama's 2nd district. Ultimately though, straight ticket voting may have cost him the election by 1%. Bright is the type of moderate Washington needs more of, so I hope he still has enough name recognition to knock off the tea-partying nut ball that is Martha Roby.

Last edited:

Sinema has almost 6 million in hand in Arizona. That’s why she was the presumptive favorite (from a few months ago when she came up and people wondered)

PA Republicans submitted a new district map on Friday. Governor Tom Wolfe hired a mathematician to review the map:

playing into the "judges have too much power" narrative the Trumpshills are pushing these days

How does this impact next month’s special election?

There's nothing courts love more than parties ignoring what they say. It always goes over really well.

She beat Vern Buchanan’s son in Vern Buchanan’s district. That’s a warning shot.

Yes, state rep.

Map:

The 2016 State House Republican got 58% of the vote.

Seems like the 2016 State and local Republicans often outperform Trump. Part of the flip is Trump dragging them down to his level. Maybe Republicans who like their rep but didn’t like Trump notice that their rep is going along with Trump.

Back