• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#2 UVA @ Wake, 7:00 PM | Game Thread | GO DEACS!!

I'm 100% positive BKF gets off posting on this forum about "the good ole days" and making reference to "elitists" and Skip being a bad coach. What a predictable, sad man.

Also, what an embarrassment on the floor tonight. Manning should have them doing suicides at 5:30 am tomorrow, in the snow.

I think Manning and staff should join them. In the snow.

How can you be so utterly unprepared to play?!

Some nights its crazy, i just bowl better than other nights. Add up the spreads of our two games at uva and the actual difference and they aint that far off. #randomness

Madison

- they played much harder even when they were up big, they brought more energy
- it was an effort thing, if we could have played harder from the beginning it could have been different
- we can't have just little spurts we've got to do it 40 min
- we can learn a lot from this and how we played

Really disappointing given how closely we played them last time and the fact that we had a week lay off to prepare. Next year will be better. Despite this game and the Delaware State debacle, I still think the Manning hire is going to be a good one long term.

Madison

- it was an effort thing, if we could have played harder from the beginning it could have been different

Huh, none of his comments make any sense

Madison

Copy and paste across all Wake sports, spanning multiple coaches.

A
Madison

1st line is the truth!

I would like to think the last line is true also.

DM

- not much to say except we took a beat down, they established themselves from the beginning of the game
- they played great and we didn't
- we will show clips of the game, when they were beating us and still working hard
- we didn't answer the bell
- we got to get back to practices and playing the way we can (Pitt)

Madison is a junior. How many more bad losses does he need to learn from?

I left at half time...totally no emotion or enthusiasm from the players, no coaching that I could tell, no set offense, UVA is good but they still don't impress me (2 and done in the NCAA). Poor crowd but who can blame us (them). Throwing away the Pitt ticket and hope the season ends with a first round loss in the ACC tourney.

There is more talent on this team than Knight had on his first Texas Tech team....and that team won 23 games and made the NCAA Tournament.

The previous Texas Tech team was 3-13 in the conference and only had 4 roster players returning...and only two of them were starters.

so we're comparing Danny Manning, who is only in his third year as a coach, to one of the greatest coaches in history, Bob Knight, when he was in his 32nd season?

Great comparison.

Madison is a junior. How many more bad losses does he need to learn from?

Madison wasn't the problem. The team shot 22% and out rebounded 45-29. We missed 43 (12/55) shots and had 10 offensive rebounds. We had 13 turnovers and made 12 baskets. We took 7 ft's as #1 team in the ACC going to the line.

MJ was 2-4 and 2-2 for 6 points.

Back