• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#2 UVA @ Wake, 7:00 PM | Game Thread | GO DEACS!!

WF wins if Perrantes does not play. They have no adequate substitute for him.
Wake wins regardless of whether Perrantes plays. We lost by 1 at their place with Devin only scoring 3 points. Won't happen at home, the story will be that UVA's injuries caught up with them and Wake is finishing strong under coach Manning. UVA will still be a 1 seed, Wake will be a team nobody wants to face in the tournament, blah blah blah.
Wake wins in a blow out.
deandreohmy.gif

We could very easily end up 12 - 20. That would be underachieving even with this crew.

Well look, we start 3 freshmen none of whom are star players. Our 2 junior starters have severe limitations to their game. What can we really expect with this crew? It sucks, but the foundation for this suckitude was laid over the course of years and it will take some time to work our way out of it. Everyone should know who to blame for our present sports debacle. Across the board.

I was comparing the talent on the two teams, not the two coaches.....and this WF team has more talent than that TT team had.

Manning may be a helluva recruiter, but you're going to eventually find out that he isn't even as good a bench coach as [name redacted] was....and that isn't saying very much. Bottom line? Wake is going to be a doormat in this new power-laden ACC for a long time to come. It's time to embrace the horror.

Do you get some satisfaction being an elderly troll on a message board? It's really quite pathetic.

I was comparing the talent on the two teams, not the two coaches.....and this WF team has more talent than that TT team had.

Manning may be a helluva recruiter, but you're going to eventually find out that he isn't even as good a bench coach as [Redacted] was....and that isn't saying very much. Bottom line? Wake is going to be a doormat in this new power-laden ACC for a long time to come. It's time to embrace the horror.

Just curious what was that TT teams class make up? How many freshmen started etc. Granted our 'stars' CMM and DT didn't do much tonight, but we've kept things close with the frosh stepping up. MW has the CJ/Ari frosh problem. Looks like it's spreading to the other frosh.

Manning may be a helluva recruiter, but you're going to eventually find out that he isn't even as good a bench coach as [Redacted] was....and that isn't saying very much. Bottom line? Wake is going to be a doormat in this new power-laden ACC for a long time to come. It's time to embrace the horror.

So you're still comparing coaches (one coach can do more with less), and you're comparing a coach with 32 years experience vs. 3... What a fair comparison, BKF. Bottom line? You get your jollies off deriding WFU. So weird, considering you're an alumus.

Good questions. Trotting out walkons over Washington and Green?n interesting

1. UVA is good..
2. We are flawed.
3. If we don't make a few shots early, we fold on both sides of the ball.
4. UVA was well prepared for our game plan. Out coached there but their D is hard to game plan an attack. Man d but looks more like a match-up zone. Also they are not overly tall but they are effectively bigger than us at every position. We probably only had one potential match up advantage.

Can't decide...

lreqopgunucyyn7tljhq.jpg

or...

Dumpster-Fire.jpg

or...

tumblr_mn3lnyF6pA1rog5d1o1_1280.jpg

But really I think it's just...

rainysaddog1.jpg

34 points are the LOWEST EVER scored by Wake in the Joel.

Bzdelick'd- the gift that keeps on giving.

I am ready for ACCT at least we should be able to win a play-in game

On the official Wake Forest Sports website they have quotes from Tony Bennett after the game tonight, including the following:

On working with Buzz Williams...
"I respect him. He is a heck of a coach and continues to build it for Marquette. We had to scrap and claw to walk away with victory. I respect his coaching skills."

What am I missing here? Did sports marketing just perform worse than the team tonight?

DT is a junior and has played all 3 years and yet he still doesn't pass out of double-teams. It is hard to move beyond such a dismal performance, not just by DT but by everyone.

Back