• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2011 Atlanta Braves Thread: Go Braves!!!

I will commemorate my first post on the new board by celebrating the Braves win!

Here's to the beginning of what is hopefully a very long, championship-filled career for new manager Fredi Gonzalez.

^ I remember seeing the same thing and thinking "sucks to be Kaz Matsui right now."

Guess this belongs on the Braves thread--you fans are a lot closer to team news than I probably am despite me keeping track of baseball in general fairly regularly. Advanced metrics aside, is Mclouth fantasy-worthy whatsoever in a standard 5x5 roto league or is he basically burnt out for good? I know his spring was good, he's batting 2nd right now in a potent lineup and he's apparently gotten over his case of sad, but I'm skeptical.

My league is very deep and it is slim pickings on the waiver wire--to put in perspective, with Jason Bay on the DL, I am starting Logan Morrison right now.

Royals' 8th tonight, trailing 4-1 and then 4-2

1Mike Aviles homers (1) on a fly ball to left field.
2Melky Cabrera walks.
3Alex Gordon grounds out, shortstop Erick Aybar to first baseman Mark Trumbo.
4Billy Butler walks.
5Kila Ka'aihue walks. Melky Cabrera to 3rd. Mitch Maier to 2nd.
6Jeff Francoeur strikes out swinging.
7Alcides Escobar flies out to right fielder Torii Hunter.

The more things change, it seems, the more they stay the same.
/In his defence, he hit a solo shot in the 7th

The "offer McCann and Frenchy similar contracts and one will sign, one will hold out for more money" situation could not have worked out any better for the Braves. I'll pull for Francoeur other places, but will be very satisfied that Heyward's out there in RF.

I wouldn't say McLouth is much of an upgrade over Morrison. You know what McLouth's ceiling is, though, and Morrison might have superstar potential, but might not.

Nice job by Brandon Lyon to blow that one against the Phillies today. Dude gave up like 16 straight singles.

Nice job by Brandon Lyon to blow that one against the Phillies today. Dude gave up like 16 straight singles.

it's always so frustrating because it seems that the last few seasons the braves always choke to crap teams and the phillies come back in miraculous fashion.

screw lyon.

Bad pitching by Tommy but it was a cold, windy, rainy day. Oh well. Nice to see Uggs belt one though.

Looking forward to seeing Timmy pitch tomorrow!

Nice game today Braves. Just got tickets for my first home game of the year at the beginning of May. Soooo excited to see this team rock out.

Opening weekend here in Atlanta looks to be gorgeous weather!

Btw, the Avett Bros are playing Turner Field Sunday after the game if you like that sort of thing, I had never heard of them until like January.

Back