• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2011 Atlanta Braves Thread: Go Braves!!!

Not sure which blog you are talking about, BBD, but everyone is cranking out lineup optimization articles these days and I can't take them anymore. I really enjoy advanced stats but they have created this generation of know-it-alls that is doing their best to take the fun out of being a fan.

Not sure which blog you are talking about, BBD, but everyone is cranking out lineup optimization articles these days and I can't take them anymore. I really enjoy advanced stats but they have created this generation of know-it-alls that is doing their best to take the fun out of being a fan.

I didn't know rjkarl registered a parody name on the new board. Interesting.

I mean I still read them. I rely on their analysis (in addition to my observations from WATCHING the games) but they get some credibility and just kill everybody now. They're snobs.

I mean I still read them. I rely on their analysis (in addition to my observations from WATCHING the games) but they get some credibility and just kill everybody now. They're snobs.

is deacphan writing for fangraphs again?

Yeah, I'd like to see J-Hey in the 3 slot eventually so he's protected by Chip and Uggla and McCann would protect Uggla.

That would be NASTY.

Chip's gotta stay reasonably healthy.

Reason I put Jason in the 3 hole and not Chipper is because of Heyward's speed, I think that would be lost if you put him behind Chipper.

Yeah, I'd like to see J-Hey in the 3 slot eventually so he's protected by Chip and Uggla and McCann would protect Uggla.

That would be NASTY.

Chip's gotta stay reasonably healthy.

Reason I put Jason in the 3 hole and not Chipper is because of Heyward's speed, I think that would be lost if you put him behind Chipper.

If J-Hey is in the 3-hole Chip won't be there to protect him. Chip retiring is the only way Heyward is hitting third.

BTW - forecast looking ugly for tonight and tomorrow in Washington... odds our game is pushed until Friday? I'd actually prefer it... I have the day off Friday but not tomorrow

So you're telling me that in July when Chip's hitting around 275ish and only has 10 hrs, but J-Hey's hitting 315 and has 22 hrs, you're not putting Jason in the 3-hole?

So you're telling me that in July when Chip's hitting around 275ish and only has 10 hrs, but J-Hey's hitting 315 and has 22 hrs, you're not putting Jason in the 3-hole?

I would put Jason in the 3-hole right now, but I'm not managing the Braves.

As a counterpoint though, it's possible that Fredi isn't as married to sentiment as Bobby was and so he's more likely to move chipper out of the 3-hole.

But if Chipper is hitting 275 with 10 homers, he is NOT getting moved down. He would have to be hitting below 220 with no power.

I think the main argument for batting Prado in the leadoff spot is that moving him there is what ignited the team and turned things around last year...

BTW - forecast looking ugly for tonight and tomorrow in Washington... odds our game is pushed until Friday? I'd actually prefer it... I have the day off Friday but not tomorrow

I took tomorrow off work to go to the game. I guess I'll just show up and say, "I'm ok for tomorrow, right?"

.315 w/ 22 HRs in July for Heyward is...ambitious

I of course will not be able to watch a single second of any of this opening series with the Nats due to the ridiculousness of TWC and MASN, as well as the idiotic MLB black-out policy. I'm sure I'll be complaining about this plenty during the season, just as I have the past several years. GAH.

I of course will not be able to watch a single second of any of this opening series with the Nats due to the ridiculousness of TWC and MASN, as well as the idiotic MLB black-out policy. I'm sure I'll be complaining about this plenty during the season, just as I have the past several years. GAH.

I'm planning on heading out to a bar in Raleigh to watch the game if it's delayed until Friday.

Teheran to Gwinnett?
The Braves minor league rosters haven’t been finalized yet but general manager Frank Wren indicated Tuesday the Braves are strongly considering starting Julio Teheran in Triple-A Gwinnett.
“It’s a projected possibility,” Wren said.
Wren mentioned Teheran, along with Mike Minor and Rodrigo Lopez, as potential members of the Gwinnett rotation, in explaining why the Braves decided to assign Kenshin Kawakami to Double-A Mississippi. They want to keep the Triple-A rotation open to pitchers who could have an impact in Atlanta this season.
Teheran, the No. 5 overall prospect in Baseball America, was projected by some to open the season in Double-A before moving up to Gwinnett. An impressive spring for Teheran appears to have sped up that timetable.

omg.jpg

Back