• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2012 Australian Open

Fed lost his mind on the break points. The overhead from the baseline was not a smart shot. For all the talk about how Fed's game has dropped, I think it is more that Nadal's has picked up. I have no doubt Fed could beat Novak, seems to be a better matchup for him.

Fed lost his mind on the break points. The overhead from the baseline was not a smart shot. For all the talk about how Fed's game has dropped, I think it is more that Nadal's has picked up. I have no doubt Fed could beat Novak, seems to be a better matchup for him.

+1

Nadal is Fed's Kryptonite. At this point, it's just as much of a mental thing for him to play Rafa as a physical one.

I couldn't believe Nadal was getting +140 on the moneyline in this match given his ownership of Federer in the majors. That was an easy bet to make last night before going to bed. And it was a personal emmotional hedge as well because I definitely wanted Fed to win.

Well I couldn't watch so I can't provide a real comment. Just sad Fed lost. Rafa really does have his number. Definitely in Rogers's head....

Well I couldn't watch so I can't provide a real comment. Just sad Fed lost. Rafa really does have his number. Definitely in Rogers's head....

Have you seen the highlights? Nadal had some of the best passing shots I've ever seen.

Have you seen the highlights? Nadal had some of the best passing shots I've ever seen.

I didn't get to see the match and only saw the highlights. But good grief Nadal had some phenomenal points where Fed had him scrambling all over the place and Nadal still came up with the pass when Fed came in to the net. Nadal is such an incredible defensive player.

Hope Nadal beats Djokavic (and would've pulled for Federer over Djokavic too).

Djoker-Murray going 5 sets. Well, almost, 4-1 in the 4th for Djoker

Murray looked down and out, but fights back on serve.

Murray was down 5-2 in the 5th, won his serving, and broke Novak. 5-4 Murray's serve

and there it is.

it will be interesting to see what novak has left for nadal. he had had rafa's number lately

and there it is.

it will be interesting to see what novak has left for nadal. he had had rafa's number lately

why didn't they play both men's semis today? nadal's gonna have ~72 hours rest and djokavic is gonna have ~48 hours rest.

As long as there's no injury, there isn't much difference between a full day's rest in between matches and two days rest.

Don't know much about Azarenka, but it's always great when Miss Prima Donna Grunter goes down!

(Still love that Petko!)

You definitely don't know much about Azarenka. Her grunting surpasses Sharapova in both volume and obnoxiousness and is notorious for perhaps currently being the worst on tour now.

I think Sharapova has grown up a lot in the last couple of years in respect to her image, persona and attitude. She is much more mature, humble and respectful now at 24 than she was when she first started as a teenager.

Both are shriekers. Sharapova now has lost in 2 of the last 3 Slam finals and not been competitive in either one. Her attitude has improved but her serve is too weak (which to be fair is a problem lots of women tennis players have)

Back