• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2012 Australian Open

Nadal gave that away with the missed passing shot

That was a near perfect point by Djok. Kept working and working that cross court until he finally had his chances. When Nadal recovered, he went back and developed the point again, waiting for the right time to attack.

nadal just spinning the ball right back down the middle hoping dj misses.

Rafa's shot just have so much more power behind them

Great 5th set with the momentum swings. Nadal's missed passing shot up 4-2 tuned things around.

Great final set, seems typical of how the matches against Nadal have gone lately. Nadal fights back after being down, seems to even take control, then Djokovic drops the hammer while Nadal simultaneously loses his mind. Gotta say I was pulling for Nadal, but that's mostly because I just think Djovokic is kinda douchey (and his celebration I thought was a good example)

agree that djoker's celebration was douchey, but it's been a long time since we've seen nadal's equally as douchey celebrations.

Though recently it has become more public, I don't think people understand what it actually takes to become a professional tennis player. It is unlike any other professional sport that Americans play.

They're all cocky. They're all douchey. There's no way to get where they are today otherwise. Some are just a lot better at hiding it that others.

Federer was a great example of this. At his peak, he was the quintessential representation of class. However, once he got taken off his throne, his true colors started showing, making excuses for his losses and rarely giving true credit to his opponents.

I don't think Djok has ever tried to hide his true colors and I respect that. He is one of the few guys that I can tell still enjoys the game. It is very rare to see guys at this level having fun on the court. Unfortunately, that at times looks douchey in the eyes of spectators.

Back