• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2012 Australian Open

I have been up at 3 the last 3 days to watch tennis. Might as well make it a fourth. I'm hoping for 5 sets; don't really care who wins.

I've been up since 4 (a few naps thrown in).

The last set was epic. This is where I wonder if the extra time off might help Nadal. Probably not

Djoker looks tired right now, might be saving energy for service games.

navak is no more tired than nadal is hurt. nadal was lucky to win that tiebreak, dj missed some easy put away shots.

navak is no more tired than nadal is hurt. nadal was lucky to win that tiebreak, dj missed some easy put away shots.

True on the first part, but Nadal missed a couple of easy winners as well.

ETA not really true on the first part, Novak is clearly slipping

Last edited:
this is awesome, nadal looking like he has much more energy at this point

Yup.

Novak's forehand was a monster through the first 4 sets, but it has nothing behind it now

Djok is just taking too many of the lazy/low-percentage shots. When he would normally extend a cross court rivalry by a couple more shots, giving himself a better opportunity to attack, he's rather been going for the down the line while not always having the best position.

Hopefully that clutch break (at the hands of a few Nadal unforced errors) can give him that final needed push.

nadal is in full push mode now. dj breaks back

Back