• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2012 NASCAR Season Long Thread

Also for Rubbin or whomever, I always wondered why they couldn't just use lower gear ratios to lower speeds or something of that nature. Is there not an alternative to the plate that would lower speeds but still allow for more variations in setup that would allow for more separation?

Leftcoast,

I stopped by NASJAX today and got my tickets for tomorrow and then next weekend. I have been to the last 10 and I can't believe I never took advantage of the military discount. I actually got the same deal you got for tomorrow plus kids are free and then I got Petty Tower seats for the 500 ($350) for $200. Along with the Master's it's a set event in my calendar each year. Where you staying?

With respect to the tandems, I doubt you will see quite as many this year since they aren't letting the drivers communicate with each other on the radios. It kind of sucks in a way since it's kind of fun listening to Tony Stewart telling Clint Bowyer to look at that hottie on the front row near the finish line (True Story from last year).

In tragic news, Chris Myers son was killed today in an automobile accident and Myers has flew home to SoCal and won't be back for Speedweeks. Sad!

Also for Rubbin or whomever, I always wondered why they couldn't just use lower gear ratios to lower speeds or something of that nature. Is there not an alternative to the plate that would lower speeds but still allow for more variations in setup that would allow for more separation?

You'd run the risk of more frequent blown engines with that scenario.

There are 100's of things they could do but it wouldn't make a difference in the way you are suggesting.

I really want to go down to Daytona for Speedweeks at some point. I'm definitely jealous leftcoast.

Consider going down for the 24 Hour...way better from a fan perspective IMO.

I have a good (see: completely uneducated) feeling that this will be the Biff's year.

So Harvick's going to be a father....hmmm wonder if it's his???

I don't know, his wife is pretty hot. She is a Tar Heel though, so she's probably insufferable to be around this time of year.

His wife is also from K'ville. The grapevine in small towns is a MF'er. Rumors abound......

Don't they live and have a big ass compound in K'ville?

They do. Interesting that they dropped their (co-owned) Truck Series team this past fall. Now she's pregnant. I won't go into details, but they say a child repairs......

Wow, gotta love the K'ville rumor mill. My Dad used to work on Linville Rd. for a NASCAR marketing company that became part of Speedway Motorsports.

Just a heads up...here's a link to the Scout NASCAR forum for a Yahoo fantasy league. Just in case you want to make the races a little more interesting. I should probably post this on the State board instead, but they're too obsessed with Karl Hess right now.

http://racing.fantasysports.ya...oinprivategroup

Group ID# 514

Password: jonesboys

I like the new aero package. This race has been much more entertaining than the tandem racing. I like that between the new package, the fuel injection, and the drivers adjusting their styles again, it'll put a few new wrinkles for the first few plate races.

Back