• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2012 NASCAR Season Long Thread

No kidding tsy, that was one hell of a save. The kid can drive and he's just slightly less douchey than he's brother.

Kurt can drive too but I think he's the biggest phony I've aver seen. I can't stand to watch him give an interview.

Good job Nascar. Brilliant bring back the pack racing. Maybe when someone gets killed again or a car goes into the grandstand it will really be great. The tandem racing was much safer and the drivers liked it.

And to think, he was still going 60mph when he started barrel rolling. After sliding all that way.

Left rear contact is going to be a huge problem next weekend. The 500 might not end until Tuesday morning.

Left rear contact is going to be a huge problem next weekend. The 500 might not end until Tuesday morning.

This. Every time a driver touches that area it is causing accidents. Changes the whole dynamic of how to race since that normally would get the person just a little loose, not spinning out.

But I do prefer this style of racing over the two car packs. Obviously has some things to work out but I like the racing from this event than the last year's racing at the super speedways.

Indy car thought the packs were real exiciting too. Right up to about lap 10 at Vegas.

The only way to keep from the bumping is to limit downforce. By making them so loose, they won't be able to bump, but the downside is its harder to control. There might be 10 cars left unscathed at the end of the 500.

I'm still a short track junkie. Give me Bristol or Martinsville any day.

Agreed tsy. I still have very fond memories of the last couple of races at North Wilksboro.

The tandem racing was much safer and the drivers liked it.

The drivers comments tonight dont seem to solidify this statement. Safer, maybe, but the drivers seem to prefer the pack style racing. They understand the risks involved, but feel more comfortable in the pack.

I'm announcing it now, all y'all that are going to the Bristol night race, hit me up. I'm bringing a camper and at least one keg.

Bristol night race is one of the best events in sports. I wish they could finally come to a deal to get a football game there.

Bristol night race is one of the best events in sports. I wish they could finally come to a deal to get a football game there.

I was 4 years old the first time I went in 1985. My account number is <400, and we've had an entire row in turn 4 since then. I wouldn't trade that race for anything.

Originally, there was a football field in the infield, but it's since been paved over. There were some talks of a UT/VT game at BIR, but I think those talks have fallen through.

I remember talks of that. I thought that if anyone could get it done it would be Bruton Smith. That guy has crazy amounts of cash to throw around and he's crazy enough to do it, too.

Back