• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2012 NASCAR Season Long Thread

Man, this feels awesome!!! I've been a long suffering Junior fan, just like I've been a long suffering Deacon fan. SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTT!!!

The evil spell has been broken!! (this means the Deacs are going 14-0 this Fall!)

Edited to add: I just noticed this was post 88 for me. It's all falling into place, baby!!!

woooohoooooo!!!!!!!!! Thank the Lord. It's about time, totally deserved it. They had the best car and finally came through to win.

nascar.com - After his last win, also at Michigan, Dale Earnhardt Jr. said: "It's a special day for my family. ... And it makes me feel good. I know I can't tell my father 'Happy Father's Day,' but I get the opportunity to wish it upon all of the other fathers out there, and I genuinely mean that when I say it -- because that's what today is all about." Well said, even four years later. Happy Father's Day, everyone.

Glad to see him finally get the monkey off his back. But now what are the guys on Raceday going to talk about?

"Mike Helton, president of NASCAR, stopped by briefly to hug Earnhardt. Helton later told Sirius Radio that it's his belief that Earnhardt -- who sits second in the point standings, only four points behind leader Matt Kenseth -- now is the man to beat for this year's Sprint Cup championship."-nascar.com

OK, certainly no Earnhardt hater here, even glad he won...but he's going to need to win more than 1 race in four years before I consider him the frontrunner. Jeez Helton really wants this to happen so bad!

"Mike Helton, president of NASCAR, stopped by briefly to hug Earnhardt. Helton later told Sirius Radio that it's his belief that Earnhardt -- who sits second in the point standings, only four points behind leader Matt Kenseth -- now is the man to beat for this year's Sprint Cup championship."-nascar.com

OK, certainly no Earnhardt hater here, even glad he won...but he's going to need to win more than 1 race in four years before I consider him the frontrunner. Jeez Helton really wants this to happen so bad!

It has more to do with how he has been running this year than getting one win. He has consistently been a top 10 or better car. In the last 2 weeks, he has been the car to beat. If he can keep bringing cars like that to the track, I think he will be in the thick of the championship hunt. Of course, it would be nice to get another win or two before the chase starts so he doesn't start out in a big hole. BTW, Kenseth said the same about Jr. being a favorite for the title after the race yesterday.

I agree that he may find himself in the hunt, and agree that he has been running well, and maybe even "a" favorite (maybe) but definitely not the driver to beat. Jimmy Johnson remains the man to beat down the stretch (as much as that pains me) and Stewart will be right there. I even pull for Jr. a bit and think it would be great for him to win it, but no way he is the man to beat, not when Kenseth, Johnson, and Stewart are all right there with NINE championships between them. Would you really put money on Jr. over those guys?

I agree that he may find himself in the hunt, and agree that he has been running well, and maybe even "a" favorite (maybe) but definitely not the driver to beat. Jimmy Johnson remains the man to beat down the stretch (as much as that pains me) and Stewart will be right there. I even pull for Jr. a bit and think it would be great for him to win it, but no way he is the man to beat, not when Kenseth, Johnson, and Stewart are all right there with NINE championships between them. Would you really put money on Jr. over those guys?

I totally agree with you. I think that Jr. can hang with those guys in the chase if he keeps running this well but I would put money on any of them over him.

Yesterday was rough. I went through the whole day thinking Daytona was that night, and then I would remember that it was damn Wednesday and not only was there no race, but I had to work. The 4th should never be on a Wednesday again.

Looks like we very well may see the 3 car in the Sprint Cup Series in a few years. I'm anxious to see how the re-design will be, but I cant say that I oppose Childress' stance on it.

It really helps that Dillon is very likeable and a local guy.

He wears that thing everywhere. Its just part of who he is. Even when he's down by the house checking on the gamelands, he's got the hat on. Most drivers his age and with his skill are arrogant, but I really enjoy his humbleness.

I was really hoping Austin Dillon was going to pull off the last lap pass last night. Pretty good race though.

RCR tried to put Dillon on standby for Harvick tonight since Delana was just flown home for precautionary reasons due to pregnancy. However, since he has never taken a lap in a cup car there, he is not legal and Kenny Wallace will be the standby driver in case she goes into labor. A private jet is ready and waiting.

Back