• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2012 Sports Bar of the Year

As usual Ayo's irrational obsession gets in the way of reality. They use the freshest Maine lobsters for the lobster roll. I'd say the mix is about 2/3 claw meat and 1/3 lobster tail. If they use mayo, it's BARELY there. I don't like mayo and wouldn't eat if if it was prominnet. It seems they might use some sort of light oil as the binder.

O'Connells is a big Red Sox/Pats bar. I'm guessing someone they know produces the Maine-styled rolls.

l.jpg

As usual Ayo's irrational obsession gets in the way of reality. They use the freshest Maine lobsters for the lobster roll. I'd say the mix is about 2/3 claw meat and 1/3 lobster tail. If they use mayo, it's BARELY there. I don't like mayo and wouldn't eat if if it was prominnet. It seems they might use some sort of light oil as the binder.

O'Connells is a big Red Sox/Pats bar. I'm guessing someone they know produces the Maine-styled rolls.

l.jpg

a picture of 'barely there' mayo utilization if i ever saw it

I was at at Oconnells watching the Lakers/blazers playoff game. I had been there for a while and wanted to find a place to sit. Two ladies in their late twenties had a booth. I asked them if I could join them to watch the fourth quarter.

They smiled and said I could, but they'd like to make a bet. I was all ears. They were Blazers fans. Their bet was if the Blazers won I had to buy each of them a drink. Even though the Blazers were up fifteen or so, I knew this was a no lose as I would have bought them a drink anyway.

I then said, "What if the Lakers win?"

One said, "we'll each buy you a drink."

"But you're up fifteen going into the fourth quarter."

They smiled at each other and the other one said,"If the Lakers win, you get to choose which one of us will give you a blow job."

It was the only time I can ever remember rooting for the Lakers.....yes they honored their bet

dyu-w-c5_400x400.jpg

Are we sure this wasn’t an rkarl post

Putting aside moonz’s ridiculous obsession, this really is a great sports bar. It has been an institution forever.

Back in 1982, I went in there with Mike Valentino to watch the Rams game. This was right before they moved to St. Louis and they sucked.

I mentioned to the bartender that the Rams had always sucked and that we were better off without them. He just shook his head at e and turned away.

Next thing you know there’s a tap on my shoulder. I turn around and I’m staring at deacon jones and Vince ferragamo and they are pissed.

Vince suggested that we step out of the bar. At this point, Valentino comes over and starts talking to Vince in Italian. I didn’t understand a word of it, but Vince backs up and walks away with his hands up.

Mike and I left and I asked him what he said to save me. He said that he told Vince that I’m Polish mafia and that while Vince could take a shot at me in the bar he’d be picking up his teeth later that night if he took a swing.

I ran into deacon jones a few years later at a car wash and he steered clear of me.

I can't help it if Dickless in Deaconland Crew can't imagine being with hot women. I've found pics of a couple of their wives/gfs. They wouldn't even qualify as 4 AM choices at Denny's in the Gobi Desert quality.

If you can't tell the difference between talking a little smack and being internationally personal and negative, it's on you.
Well, duh, obviously you weren't serious. It's just a weird thought to have.

I can't help it if Dickless in Deaconland Crew can't imagine being with hot women. I've found pics of a couple of their wives/gfs. They wouldn't even qualify as 4 AM choices at Denny's in the Gobi Desert quality.
rjkarlhypocrisy

Well, duh, obviously you weren't serious. It's just a weird thought to have.

Apparently, you understood the concept. That's the point. The point is to make something so obvious that you'd get it. That's diametrically opposed to your attempt to make it very personal.

Apparently, you understood the concept. That's the point. The point is to make something so obvious that you'd get it. That's diametrically opposed to your attempt to make it very personal.

Is this also your approach to comedy ?

Smoking hot Moonica prefers only the finest Atlanta hookers

Got this absolutely brilliant REP from RJ:

"Weak, class piece of shit...insulting people who don't even post here..."

who apparently couldn't comprehend that I was making fun of MOONz and not his favorite bartender. You'd think the double 'os' and Atlanta reference would have done it.

You guys are obsessed with rj, it's weird!

Once upon a time at a bachelor's party for a buddy, he knew we were going to get drunk them fly to Bangkok (this was before 9/11). He passed out veryb easily when he drank too much.

At the beginning of the night while drinking at O'Connells we took his walllllet, phoen and cash telling him he didn't want to leave any evidence. He complied.

We had a friend who worked for Thai Airways. We told her what our plan was and gave her hiss passport. She loved it and arranged for a limo to meet us (this is not exactly accurate-you'll see in a minute) at the airport and drive around before taking the first flight in the morning.

We got our buddy completely wasted and headed to John Wayne Airport. Basically we carried him through the rudimentary security of the 90s. Our friend the stewardess and a GORGEOUS friend met us at the gate. They let us help our buddy onto the plane and into his special seat (where he immeidately passed out as we knew he would.

The only twist in this story is that the rest of us got off the plane. e went to Bangkok alone, with no money, no phoen no clue what was happening.

The girls woke him and helped him off the plane with his passpot. When he realized we weren;t with him he panicked a bit. Then the limo driver got him.

He won't tell us exactly what was waiting in the limo, but he will say,"I was freaked out and pissed....for about tweenty minutes, but I don't remember anything form getting on the plane until I got back. That's my story and I'm sticking to it."

The eight reps per month I give out are overwhelmingly positive.

Back