• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2013-2014 Fantasy Football Thread

Got my keeper league draft tonight. Players I've kept:

Jamaal Charles (gave up 3rd round)
Andrew Luck (gave up 4th round)
CJ Spiller (gave up 5th round)
DeMarco Murray (gave up 7th round)

Won the league last year so have the 12th pick in the 1st, snake draft.

WRs that weren't kept: Megatron, Marshall, Larry Fitz, A Johnson, White
QBs that weren't kept: Brees, Manning, Rodgers

Hopefully some combination of those two fall to me for my 1st and 2nd round picks. Then I can sit back for a bit since I won't be selecting again until the 6th.

Why are you keeping Luck in the 4th? He's probably the 10th or 11th best QB this year and no point in wasting a 4th round on that. I'd rather have my 4th round pick and grab 2 of Eli, Vick, Dalton, Big Ben near the end of the draft. Especially when you are using the top pick of the 4th round. That's crazy.

I had #1 pick in a 12 team league:

QB: Cam Newton
WR: Julio Jones
WR: Dwayne Bowe
RB: Adrian Peterson
TE: Rob Gronkowski
W/T: Percy Harvin
W/R: Darren McFadden
K: Justin Tucker
DEF: Chicago
D player: Chris Clemons

Bench
RB: Lamar Miller, Le'Veon Bell, Vick Ballard
WR: Tavon Austin, Michael Crabtree
TE: Fred Davis

I somehow forgot to get a backup QB so I'll need to work on that. Yahoo said I got an A+ in the draft report card, so that is good. I don't know half of the players and just went on Yahoo's rankings and the average pick order. It does say my WRs are weak compared to the rest of my league.

Bench

I somehow forgot to get a backup QB so I'll need to work on that. Yahoo said I got an A+ in the draft report card, so that is good. I don't know half of the players and just went on Yahoo's rankings and the average pick order. It does say my WRs are weak compared to the rest of my league.

Well you certainly have a few holes that need to be addressed. Gronk and Harvin are both out. Gronk may only miss a few games as it seems he might avoid being put on PUP (required to miss like 6 games minimum or something). Harvin won't be back before the end of the fantasy season so do not count on him at all until fantasy playoff time. I would drop Ballard and pick up another TE/WR, whichever has the better option.

ETA: I would also probably drop Harvin but that depends on the options available. Maybe wait a week or two until you see somebody "emerge" on the waiver wire that is worth it.

Last edited:
Why are you keeping Luck in the 4th? He's probably the 10th or 11th best QB this year and no point in wasting a 4th round on that. I'd rather have my 4th round pick and grab 2 of Eli, Vick, Dalton, Big Ben near the end of the draft. Especially when you are using the top pick of the 4th round. That's crazy.

I think Luck is going to be worth keeping for 2/3 more years after this. I'm really high on him.

Plus, if I get one of those QBs, then I have some major trade bait.

Had one of my 2 drafts last night. 12 teams, no Keepers, no PPR. Starters: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, DEF, K. I had the #8 pick.

My Team (in order of selection):
Alfred Morris (RB WSH)
Reggie Bush (RB DET)
Roddy White (WR ATL)
Tom Brady (QB NE)
Vernon Davis (TE SF)
DeSean Jackson (WR PHI)
Daryl Richardson (RB STL)
Anquan Boldin (WR SF)
Kenny Britt (WR TEN)
Justin Blackmon (WR JAC)
Chicago Bears Defense
Sam Bradford (QB STL)
Michael Crabtree (WR SF)
Joique Bell (RB DET)
Tyler Eifert (TE CIN)
Christine Michael (RB SEA)
Greg Zuerlein (K STL)

Well you certainly have a few holes that need to be addressed. Gronk and Harvin are both out. Gronk may only miss a few games as it seems he might avoid being put on PUP (required to miss like 6 games minimum or something). Harvin won't be back before the end of the fantasy season so do not count on him at all until fantasy playoff time. I would drop Ballard and pick up another TE/WR, whichever has the better option.

ETA: I would also probably drop Harvin but that depends on the options available. Maybe wait a week or two until you see somebody "emerge" on the waiver wire that is worth it.

Also, not to add insult to injury but I realized you have Crabtree too and he will probably miss a good chunk of the season as well.

Bench

Yeah I know others already alerted you to some things about your team, but let me just reiterate it because you went by the Yahoo rankings. Gronkowski will be out at least midway through September and has the potential to miss the first 6 games or more. Percy Harvin is a lock to miss the majority of the season and may not be back this year at all. Crabtree is also going to be out til around week 12. Le'Veon Bell has a serious foot injury and is going to miss a serious chunk of the season.

I think Luck is going to be worth keeping for 2/3 more years after this. I'm really high on him.

Plus, if I get one of those QBs, then I have some major trade bait.

Luck is on average going at the end of the 8th round. If you're hoping to have keeper value with him in the future, why not take him in the 6th round and grab someone like Andre Johnson at the beginning of the 4th (ADP: 31.2)? The comparable 6th round WR would be someone like Antonio Brown or Eric Decker.

I'm assuming next year he'd cost you your 3rd round and the following year your 2nd? In order to be worth that pick, he's going to need to become the top QB in the league.

With it being a keeper league you can throw ADPs out of the window.

Andre Johnson probably gets drafted before I select in the 1st... and two guys gave up their 1st round picks this season (Gore and Martin kept)

Also, not to add insult to injury but I realized you have Crabtree too and he will probably miss a good chunk of the season as well.

Yeah I know others already alerted you to some things about your team, but let me just reiterate it because you went by the Yahoo rankings. Gronkowski will be out at least midway through September and has the potential to miss the first 6 games or more. Percy Harvin is a lock to miss the majority of the season and may not be back this year at all. Crabtree is also going to be out til around week 12. Le'Veon Bell has a serious foot injury and is going to miss a serious chunk of the season.

thanks.

I did zero research, and never do. Everything I do based on Yahoo's rankings and the average draft thing. I knew Gronk was out, but if he gets back in mid-Sept and has produces remotely like he has before then that will be fine. Right after the draft I got little notifications about Bell's injury. Didn't know about Harvin or Crabtree. I was just picking people randomly at that point (Harvin 9th round, Bell 11th, Crabtree 13th). We have an IR spot so if someone gets put on IR, then I can keep them without taking up an active spot. Hopefully some non-awful player will be available at some point during the season.

Pretty much Adrian Peterson is my whole team.

One guy in my league couldn't make the draft so he had a non-football friend pick for him. Guy chose Aaron Hernandez in round 6, which made me laugh. I don't know how he could have missed all the buzz about Hernandez, though I can see it having been more of a "hmm I've heard that name, must be good" approach.

thanks.

I did zero research, and never do. Everything I do based on Yahoo's rankings and the average draft thing. I knew Gronk was out, but if he gets back in mid-Sept and has produces remotely like he has before then that will be fine. Right after the draft I got little notifications about Bell's injury. Didn't know about Harvin or Crabtree. I was just picking people randomly at that point (Harvin 9th round, Bell 11th, Crabtree 13th). We have an IR spot so if someone gets put on IR, then I can keep them without taking up an active spot. Hopefully some non-awful player will be available at some point during the season.

Pretty much Adrian Peterson is my whole team.

One guy in my league couldn't make the draft so he had a non-football friend pick for him. Guy chose Aaron Hernandez in round 6, which made me laugh. I don't know how he could have missed all the buzz about Hernandez, though I can see it having been more of a "hmm I've heard that name, must be good" approach.

Are you an NFL fan? Is this your first go at fantasy football?

Oh, Yahoo draft grades. Always classic.

Yeah I got a D, but that might have been generous. I picked last in a 14 team league and 12 fucking RB were taken before it even got to me....

One of you ding dongs alerted me to Alfred Morris last year....hook a brotha up again, I really need a RB.

Got my draft tonight in a pretty standard QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, R/W, TE, D & K league. Strategy going in is get 3 RBs & a QB in the 1st 4 rounds. Plenty of decent WRs available in the 5th-8th rounds. Sleeper late RB I hope to get is Richardson of StL. Sleeper late WR is Givens (only 1 other Wake folk in the league). Then get 2 TEs in the 11th-12th - think Finley, Cook and Cameron are underrated, and hopefully will be available (not much difference between the #6 and #13 TEs). The 3 Ds I like not in the top-5 are Balmur, Cincy and StL. Then the Foreskins K in the last - he's accurate, and they'll be in a lot of high scoring games.

Givens is no longer a Wake only sleeper....people are all over him, so you might have to keep an eye out if you really want him.

Drafted this team last night in a league with 14 players, I had the 6th pick

QB: Tony Romo
RB: Jamaal Charles, Reggie Bush, Ryan Matthews, Jonathan Dwyer, Jonathan Stewart
WR: A.J. Green, Brandon Marshall, Torrey Smith, Steve Johnson, Chris Givens
TE: Coby Fleener
D/ST: Tampa Bay
K: Greg Zuerlein

This team was graded a C by yahoo and projected to finish in 13th place. I laughed

Have my draft tonight... 10 team standard. Got the #1 pick and obviously going with AD. Haven't been keeping up with fantasy much this year... Couple of questions:

Do you guys trust MJD at 20-21? You think I should grab a QB at 20-21 or wait til 40-41?

Back