• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2013-2014 Fantasy Football Thread

Have my draft tonight... 10 team standard. Got the #1 pick and obviously going with AD. Haven't been keeping up with fantasy much this year... Couple of questions:

Do you guys trust MJD at 20-21? You think I should grab a QB at 20-21 or wait til 40-41?

Do passing TDs count as 6 or 4? That would make a difference for me. And depends who's available. To me, this is a deep QB draft. Especially in a 4 point per TD league, I wouldn't be upset getting a Luck, Stafford or Romo in the middle of the draft.

4 for TD passes. I guess I'll base it on how fast the QBs are going but there should be a run on RBs in the 1st two rounds so it might make sense to wait.

Have my draft tonight... 10 team standard. Got the #1 pick and obviously going with AD. Haven't been keeping up with fantasy much this year... Couple of questions:

Do you guys trust MJD at 20-21? You think I should grab a QB at 20-21 or wait til 40-41?

3 wr or 2?

I like MJD at 20-21. Look at AJ Green, Dez, or Marshall at 20-21.

2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex

Read today that Marshall is still a little injured after hip surgery or something?

Here are my thoughts. In my opinion there are a few tiers of RBs this year. There are your bona fide 1s... AD, Rice, Martin, McCoy, Richardson, Charles, Spiller, Foster, and Lynch. After that, there are a few in-betweeners, those that are 1s, but arent quite at the same level as those above: Morris, Forte, Jackson and CJ2K. Most of those guys are going late in the second or throughout the third. You should be able to snag one of those guys at 20-21. Most people are drafting the top WRs/Rodgers/Brees in picks 10-15. That means that one of those listed above should be around at 20. If not, that means that people in your league were reaching for the above RBS in those early second round picks. If that is the case you have to go elite WR at 20. Either way, I think MJD at 20 is reaching way too far. I do think MJD will have a good year, but I think he is a third round pick. There is just too much value you can get at 20 to take him there. Also, if Brees is around at 20, that might be your move. He is a beast. Maybe think about targeting AD first, Brees/above listed RB/Elite WR at 20, then waiting til later and going for a player like Daryl Richardson in a later round. He is a bonafide starter in St Louis that is flying under the radar. Good value there.

Just my two cents.

Givens is being hyped as a major fantasy sleeper.

I think that Amendola is going to be a PPR stud this year in relation to where he is ranked. Granted, he will get hurt, so have a backup plan, but when he is playing, he could be a WR1 performer at a WR 3 draft ranking.

I had 2 drafts Sunday. 1st draft was a 12 team, snake draft with ppr and I picked 1st. I was planning on taking Givens at 96 but my dear brother (State fan) stepped in at 91 and took him. He also did the same thing to a tarhole fan with Bernard earlier in the draft. Originally I had planned on taking Givens at 72 but there was such a strong run on RB that I felt like he would drop to 96. I lost that gamble.

2nd draft was a auction. I sat on a good chunk of money and easily got Givens.

Had the 4th pick (ugh):
1 McCoy - RB
2 Jackson - RB
3 Fitzgerald - WR
4 Newton - QB - Ryan and Manning already gone
5 Colston - WR
6 Bradshaw - RB
7 Richardson - RB
8 D Jackson - WR
9 S Smith - WR
10 Vick - QB
11 Cook - TE
12 Cameron - TE
13 Houston - D
14 Balmur - D
15 Blackmon - WR
16 Crosby - K

QB: Aaron Rodgers
WR: Victor Cruz
WR: Steve Smith
WR: Wes Welker
RB: Doug Martin
RB: DeMarco Murray
TE: Greg Olsen
Flex: Chris Givens
K: Sebastian Janikowski
DEF: Tampa Bay (May change this to Atlanta so let me know your thoughts)

Bench: Andre Brown, Ben Roethlisberger, Michael Bush, Justin Blackmon, Darrius Heyward-Bey, Jermain Gresham

Bench isn't great, but feel good about my starters and feel like my bench WR's could be sleepers once Blackmon is actually back to play. Main question is on defense as I posted and also have San Diego, Tennessee, and Minnesota to choose from for defense over Tampa Bay. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Got my keeper league draft tonight. Players I've kept:

Jamaal Charles (gave up 3rd round)
Andrew Luck (gave up 4th round)
CJ Spiller (gave up 5th round)
DeMarco Murray (gave up 7th round)

Won the league last year so have the 12th pick in the 1st, snake draft.

WRs that weren't kept: Megatron, Marshall, Larry Fitz, A Johnson, White
QBs that weren't kept: Brees, Manning, Rodgers

Hopefully some combination of those two fall to me for my 1st and 2nd round picks. Then I can sit back for a bit since I won't be selecting again until the 6th.

I got B Marshall and A Johnson in rounds 1/2. I stopped caring after that. Back to back coming up.

Team:

QB: Luck
RBs: Spiller, Charles
WRs: Marshall, Johnson
TE: Gonzalez
R/W/T Flex: Murray
DST: Cowboys
K: Dawson

Subs:
Palmer
B Pierce, F. Jackson, J Randle, P Tanner
L Moore, C Givens
M Bennett
Packers

Rest of the 4th round after me:

V Jackson (keeper)
M Lynch (keeper)
M Ryan
H Nicks
R White
S Vareen
Julio Jones (keeper)
A Bradshaw
D Jackson (keeper)
J Witten
V Davis

Are you an NFL fan? Is this your first go at fantasy football?

This is my 5th or 6th year playing. I've won once and am usually pretty competitive with this no-research strategy. I enjoy watching football and have a few teams I prefer, but fantasy helps give me something to care about while I'm watching games I otherwise have no interest in.

Team in my league: Kaep, Morris, Rice, Cobb, Bowe, Decker, Witten, Sproles.

12 team league. I hate keepers. Also, everyone still has around eight slots to fill in an auction. Here until 2 am.

Team in my league: Kaep, Morris, Rice, Cobb, Bowe, Decker, Witten, Sproles.

12 team league. I hate keepers. Also, everyone still has around eight slots to fill in an auction. Here until 2 am.

Auctions are so much better than the snake draft.

Auctions are so much better than the snake draft.

Except they take forever. That being said I'm in a 16-team Retired Frat Dawg Team auction league and I got:

QB Jay Cutler 10
RB Trent Richardson 62
RB Stevan Ridley 50
RB/WR Chris Givens 3
WR Julio Jones 33
WR Danny Amendola 25
TE Brandon Myers 2
D/ST 49ers D/ST 7
K Blair Walsh 1
BE Toby Gerhart 1
BE Mohamed Sanu 1
BE (My Friend) Geno Smith 1
BE Zach Miller 1
BE Justin Hunter 1
BE Chiefs D/ST 1
BE Stephen Hill 1

Damn, Julio went for $31 in my league, and I thought that was real low....I had already blown my wad and couldn't fight for him, so either 31-33 is the norm, or you got a steal as well....

Back