• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2013-2014 Fantasy Football Thread

That's who I'm thinking. I had Nicks last year and he was so disapointing and I'm intrigued by Austin but prob better to go with the more sure thing week 1.

I ended up drafting DMC in the 8th round because I literally let all the good RBs outside of Foster go, and that's something I swore I'd never do. My league is a 2QB 10 man league:

QB1: Kaepernick
QB2: Big Ben
WR1: Marshall
WR2: Garcon
WR3: DeSean Jackson
RB1: Foster
RB2: McFadden
TE: Sudfeld/Gronk
FLEX: Monte Ball
K: Dawson
D/ST:Houston

My team is literally a ticking time bomb for injuries, but if everyone stays healthy, it could be a good year.

I feel like I got WHORED last night. I was comfortable waiting on QB with like 10-11 QBs I was OK with having, especially when it meant solidifying other positions early. Two guys then take Luck and Kaep as backups before I have a chance to grab one (wanted Luck).

Stuck with Wilson and Vick now. It's not as though I think Vick can't be serviceable in the games he'll play; I just hate the guy.

ETA: 10 team, PPR

QB: Vick
RB: SJax
RB: Sproles
WR: Megatron
WR: Andre Johnson
TE: Witten
Flex: Ryan Matthews
Flex: Reggie Wayne

Last edited:
What do you think of my team? 12 team standard QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, RWT, K, D

QB
E Manning
Schaub

RB
A Morris
S Jackson
Montee Ball
Roy Helu
Jacquizz Rodgers
Shane Vareen

WR
Andre Johnson
Roddy White
Mike Wallace
Kenny Britt
Brian Quick
Andre Roberts

TE
Zack Sudfeld
Matellus Bennett

K
Mike Nugent

D
Skins

What do you think of my team? 12 team standard QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, RWT, K, D

QB
E Manning
Schaub

RB
A Morris
S Jackson
Montee Ball
Roy Helu
Jacquizz Rodgers
Shane Vareen

WR
Andre Johnson
Roddy White
Mike Wallace
Kenny Britt
Brian Quick
Andre Roberts

TE
Zack Sudfeld
Matellus Bennett

K
Mike Nugent

D
Skins

You may be in for a rough fantasy year, Skins. Both QBs will be subpar to whoever you're playing. You could gain ground with your RBs IF Jackson is as good as they think he will be, I'm personally not big on him. WRs are ok but there are quite a few question marks amongst them (Will old Johnson show up, Can they get the ball to Wallace, Can Britt get healthy).

Last edited:
You think? I don't like my QB's or TE's but I like my backs and WRs

Standard 10-team league non ppr.
QB: Andrew Luck
RB1: LeSean McCoy
RB2: MJD
WR1: A.J. Green
WR2: Antonio Brown
TE: Jordan Cameron
Flex: David Wilson
K: Gostkowski
Def: Texans

Bench: Eli Manning, Kirk Cousins, Giovani Bernard, Tavon Austin, Chris Givens, Ryan Broyles, DeAndre Hopkins, Gronkowski, David Akers, Chargers

Any thoughts? My bench is so young it's scary.

I like that team, luna, but there are going to be question marks for everyone this year.

10 team, half PPR - QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, WR/RB/TE, DEF

QB

Colin Kaepernick

RB
Jamaal Charles, Trent Richardson, Daryl Richardson (flex)
---
Chris Ivory, Montee Ball

WR
Demaryius Thomas, Pierre Garcon, Danny Amendola
---
Chris Givens, Kenny Britt, Cordarelle Patterson

TE
Jordan Cameron
---
Kyle Rudolph

DEF
Denver

Top two RBs will be fine as long as no injuries, flex is normally going to be a RB so hope one of them can be semi-consistent, WR has a chance to be good if Garcon/RG3 continue their good connection and Amendola stays on the field. TEs obviously unproven but I'll take it over proven average players. I expect really good numbers out of Kapernick but he's a risky choice as my only QB.

I think Eli is an underrated fantasy QB. Giants get into a lot of shootouts and he's got the weapons to put up big numbers if Cruz and Nicks stay healthy. Brees, Rodgers and Brady are a whole other category, but after that, Eli stacks up relatively well. He's pretty reliable for around 4,000 yards and 30 TDs per year, and his fumbles lost number has gone down significantly the last few years.

I had Eli the last two years (in different leagues) and he is just so unpredictable that you hate him by Week 10. He'll drop 20+ points 4 or 5 times, but also have a similar number of games where he scores like 5 points. Its super frustrating.

Lineup calls for the gurus:

1) Sudfeld or Cameron at TE on Sunday?

2) Golden Tate or Thompkins at WR?

Guy I'm playing is starting Brady, so while I'm inclined to start the two undrafted Patriot rookies to siphon some of those points, that's probably overthinking it.

What's everyones view on Ryan Matthews as a RB #2 in a 12 man league?

What's everyones view on Ryan Matthews as a RB #2 in a 12 man league?

He'll either get hurt or prove everyone wrong by not getting hurt and have a career year. I'm guessing the former, but that's cause he's burned me before and I'm bitter about it.

If your league is PPR or even 0.5 PPR, I'm thinking Woodhead is the Chargers back to own, at least by the end of the season.

Guy I'm playing is starting Brady, so while I'm inclined to start the two undrafted Patriot rookies to siphon some of those points, that's probably overthinking it.

I'm high on Thompkins this year. He was really impressive in preseason; seems to be the safety valve type guy with Welker out, and also seemed to have great chemistry with Brady.

At the same time, I have to assume the Pats playbook will look worlds different in the regular season than it did in preseason and Kenbrell may be a bust. I'm starting him in my 20 team league because I basically have to.

Townie took question 2, I'll take question 1.

I love Sudfeld for week 1, primarily because I'm a Bills fan and I know I'm going to hate him in week 1. Gronk lights us up every single time, and though Sudfeld isn't Gronk, he's bigger than Gronk and we can't cover TEs worth two shits. I'm in the same boat as you drafting both NE rookies, I picked one or both of them up in all of my leagues I think.

Flex spot, choose 1 of the following (in alphabetical order). 0.75 PPR

M Austin vs Gmen
L Moore vs Falcons
H Nicks vs Cowboys
S Vereen vs Bills

Back