• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2013-2014 Fantasy Football Thread

Lineup calls for the gurus:

1) Sudfeld or Cameron at TE on Sunday?

2) Golden Tate or Thompkins at WR?

Guy I'm playing is starting Brady, so while I'm inclined to start the two undrafted Patriot rookies to siphon some of those points, that's probably overthinking it.

Cameron & Thompkins.

Vereen for me

I just can't recommend the RB2 Vereen over Austin or Nicks in a 0.75 PPR. While the Bills defense is just not good -- and last season the Pats ran for like 300 yards in one game against us -- I suspect that with Byrd and Gilmore out, the game plan will have a special emphasis on throwing the ball. If it were Ridley over Nicks/Austin, then yes, no question, but I'm not (yet) sold on Vereen. He may prove me wrong later in the season, developing into a Sproles-type player for NE, which is money for PPR but right now the question mark is too big.

Austin produces more than most people think, and in a PPR it's a solid start. Nicks when healthy and producing is amazing and has the most upside of the three.

I go Nicks.

finally had our draft last night. 10 teams, PPR, 10 points for rushing and receiving TD's, 7 for passing. 1 point per 10 yards rushing and receiving, 1.3 points for every 25 yards passing. Starters are QB, 2 RB's, 3 WR's, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 K

I had the 10th pick. First round was a little nuts with the first 4 picks being Peterson, Brees, Richardson, Megatron

10 C.J. Spiller, Buf RB
11 LeSean McCoy, Phi RB
30 Chris Johnson, Ten RB
31 Randall Cobb, GB WR
50 Mike Wallace, Mia WR
51 Marques Colston, NO WR
70 Antonio Brown, Pit WR
71 Greg Olsen, Car TE
90 Tony Romo, Dal QB
91 Colin Kaepernick, SF QB
110 Justin Blackmon, Jac WR
111 Blair Walsh, Min K

Pick two: Ginn, S. Rice, Thompkins, Ball

Leaning Thompkins, Ball

I ended up drafting DMC in the 8th round because I literally let all the good RBs outside of Foster go, and that's something I swore I'd never do. My league is a 2QB 10 man league:

QB1: Kaepernick
QB2: Big Ben
WR1: Marshall
WR2: Garcon
WR3: DeSean Jackson
RB1: Foster
RB2: McFadden
TE: Sudfeld/Gronk
FLEX: Monte Ball
K: Dawson
D/ST:Houston

My team is literally a ticking time bomb for injuries, but if everyone stays healthy, it could be a good year.

Oh god, no!!! I have Ball on a team and greekdeac2011 might have the worst luck of anyone in fantasy football. Thanks for ruining Ball this year buddy!

finally had our draft last night. 10 teams, PPR, 10 points for rushing and receiving TD's, 7 for passing. 1 point per 10 yards rushing and receiving, 1.3 points for every 25 yards passing. Starters are QB, 2 RB's, 3 WR's, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 K

I had the 10th pick. First round was a little nuts with the first 4 picks being Peterson, Brees, Richardson, Megatron

10 C.J. Spiller, Buf RB
11 LeSean McCoy, Phi RB
30 Chris Johnson, Ten RB
31 Randall Cobb, GB WR
50 Mike Wallace, Mia WR
51 Marques Colston, NO WR
70 Antonio Brown, Pit WR
71 Greg Olsen, Car TE
90 Tony Romo, Dal QB
91 Colin Kaepernick, SF QB
110 Justin Blackmon, Jac WR
111 Blair Walsh, Min K

That should be a pretty competitive squad. Interesting scoring system. And crazy that Kaep went 91st, I was just in a draft on Tuesday where he went first overall. :tard:

That should be a pretty competitive squad. Interesting scoring system. And crazy that Kap went 91st, I was just in a draft on Tuesday where he went first overall. :tard:

one benefit is that with only 3 bench spots, it is rare to keep 2 QB's and I was the last to pick one so after Stafford went around pick 67, I was able to wait figuring the remaining would all be available still. I'm not 100% sold on Kaepernick's fantasy value but let him sit on the bench and see how he does the first few weeks.

Pick 3 of 5:

DeMarco Murray vs. NYG
McFadden @ IND
Sproles vs. ATL
Montee Ball vs. BAL
Mendenhall @ STL

.5 per rushing attempt & .5 per reception

Had my 2nd draft last night - 7th pick:

1 McCoy
2 Richardson (Cle)
3 Brees
4 Gore
5 T Smith
6 D Jackson
7 Richardson (StL)
8 Luck
9 Boldin
10 Givens (mostly UVA guys and no Wake folks)
11 Thompkins
12 Cook
13 StL
14 Balmur
15 Blackmon
16 Forbath

Only disappointment was not getting Cameron to go with Cook at TE. Well, and a lot of middle of the road WRs. But it's a keeper league starting this year, so I went with a lot of young guys with potential.

I think I'm good with...

Luck
Spiller, Charles, Murray
A Johnson, Marshall
Gonzalez

This Denver RB BS is screwing me up.

At Flex, I have:
Ball
Moreno

or

Sidney Rice
Malcom Floyd

Should I just start Ball and hope he gets a goal line carries or Moreno and hope he gets a full load? Or Sidney Rice? I definitely don't trust Floyd with Rivers throwing to him.

This Denver RB BS is screwing me up.

At Flex, I have:
Ball
Moreno

or

Sidney Rice
Malcom Floyd

Should I just start Ball and hope he gets a goal line carries or Moreno and hope he gets a full load? Or Sidney Rice? I definitely don't trust Floyd with Rivers throwing to him.

Defs not Moreno. He is 3rd on the depth chart behind Hillman and Ball. Hillman will start but Ball will likely get the most touches.

Is Foster going to get enough touches to be worthy of a start (that's sounds crazy to even say)

Is Foster going to get enough touches to be worthy of a start (that's sounds crazy to even say)

I assume you drafted Arian in the first round. Gotta start your first rounders. Even if he splits carries with Tate on Monday, he'll get his. Who would you start in his place?

Back