• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2013-2014 TV Season Thread

Damn. There's some serious talent in those shows. Robin Williams and Anna Faris doing TV? Tough times.

There is a lot more money in TV than there used to be. The creative side of production prefers the serial format to feature-length a lot more too now.

Damn. There's some serious talent in those shows. Robin Williams and Anna Faris doing TV? Tough times.

I have to admit I laughed you used those two in the same sentence, while leaving out the great Jerry O'Connell.

CT82: NYE:

Palma: "2013: the year of Jerry O' Connell, you heard it here first "
Deakfrek07 "Seems Legit!"

Last edited:
I have to admit I laughed you used those two in the same sentence, while leaving out the great Jerry O'Connell.

CT82: NYE:

Palma: "2013: the year of Jerry O' Connell, you heard it here first "
Deakfrek07 "Seems Legit!"

Still seems legit. Are we getting a sequel to Joe's Apartment?

Still seems legit. Are we getting a sequel to Joe's Apartment?

just think of what could have been:

"During his junior year at NYU film school (for screenwriting), Jerry went to Los Angeles, California, and decided to try out for two TV pilots: "Sliders" (1995) and a new Fox show called "Party of Five" (1994). He spent a single day in L.A. and landed the Bailey role in "Party of Five" (1994), but before he could get back to New York, the studio's first choice for "Sliders" (1995) backed out. Stuck a day before shooting without a lead, they begged Jerry to fill in. The rest is teen-idol history."

ShowNetworkStatus
666 Park AvenueABCCancelled
Body Of ProofABCCancelled
Don't Trust The B---- in Apartment 23ABCCancelled
Family ToolsABCCancelled
Happy EndingsABCCancelled
How To Live With Your Parents...ABCCancelled
Last ResortABCCancelled
Malibu CountryABCCancelled
Private PracticeABCFinal Season Finished
Red WidowABCCancelled
Zero HourABCCancelled
CSI: NYCBSCancelled
Golden BoyCBSCancelled
Made In JerseyCBSCancelled
PartnersCBSCancelled
Rules of EngagementCBSCancelled
VegasCBSCancelled
90210CWCanceled/Final Season
CultCWCancelled
Emily Owens, M.D.CWCancelled
Gossip GirlCWFinal Season Finished
Ben And KateFoxCancelled
Cleveland Show, TheFoxCancelled
FringeFoxFinal Season Finished
The Mob DoctorFoxCancelled
TouchFoxCancelled
1600 PennNBCCancelled
30 RockNBCFinal Season Finished
Animal PracticeNBCCancelled
DeceptionNBCCancelled
Do No HarmNBCCancelled
Go OnNBCCancelled
Guys With KidsNBCCancelled
Office, TheNBCFinal Season
SmashNBCCancelled
The New NormalNBCCancelled
Up All NightNBCCancelled
WhitneyNBCCancelled
HannibalNBC
CastleABCRenewed
Grey's AnatomyABCRenewed
Last Man StandingABCRenewed
Middle, TheABCRenewed
Modern FamilyABCRenewed
NashvilleABCRenewed
Neighbors, TheABCRenewed
Once Upon A TimeABCRenewed
RevengeABCRenewed
ScandalABCRenewed
SuburgatoryABCRenewed
2 Broke GirlsCBSRenewed
Big Bang Theory, TheCBSRenewed
Blue BloodsCBSRenewed
Criminal MindsCBSRenewed
CSICBSRenewed
ElementaryCBSRenewed
Good Wife, TheCBSRenewed
Hawaii Five-0CBSRenewed
How I Met Your MotherCBSRenewed
Mentalist, TheCBSRenewed
Mike & MollyCBSRenewed
NCISCBSRenewed
NCIS: Los AngelesCBSRenewed
Person Of InterestCBSRenewed
Two and a Half MenCBSRenewed
ArrowCWRenewed
Beauty And The BeastCWRenewed
Carrie Diaries, TheCWRenewed
Hart Of DixieCWRenewed
NikitaCWRenewed (Short Season)
SupernaturalCWRenewed
Vampire Diaries, TheCWRenewed
American DadFoxRenewed
Bob's BurgersFoxRenewed
BonesFoxRenewed
Family GuyFoxRenewed
Following, TheFoxRenewed
GleeFoxRenewed
Mindy Project, TheFoxRenewed
New GirlFoxRenewed
Raising HopeFoxRenewed
The SimpsonsFoxRenewed
Chicago FireNBCRenewed
CommunityNBCRenewed
GrimmNBCRenewed
Law & Order: SVUNBCRenewed
ParenthoodNBCRenewed
Parks & RecreationNBCRenewed
RevolutionNBCRenewed

I blew my prediction for "Revolution". I thought it would be a cancelled by ep 8 sort of show. Renewed though, well done for them. Personally the show's grown on me and I'm to have it back. No it's not great, it's far from "Fringe" but it's the best sci-fi show going, which is far more of a damning of the current state of sci-fi on tv.

I blew my prediction for "Revolution". I thought it would be a cancelled by ep 8 sort of show. Renewed though, well done for them. Personally the show's grown on me and I'm to have it back. No it's not great, it's far from "Fringe" but it's the best sci-fi show going, which is far more of a damning of the current state of sci-fi on tv.

Why do you think a sci-fi is down?

I kind of liked Up All Night, The New Normal, and Go On.

Yeah but they totally wanted to change Up All Night to a multicam show with a studio audience. I think Will Arnett jumped ship to CBS or something and Christina Applegate had been looking to get out so this was a mercy kill.

I'm not sure that I understand the appeal of Maya Rudolph. She ruined Up All Night for me.

Why do you think a sci-fi is down?

For tv? I can't list anything that's on the level we've seen over the last decade.

Maybe it's just not coming to me, but I can only think of Dr. Who and Revolution as reasonably good current shows. We can count Arrow here I suppose. The last few years we've had Battlestar Galactica, Lost, various Stargates, Fringe and whatever Joss Whedon's doing. Even prematurely cancelled shows like V or Sarah Connor Chronicles would stand out today in the genre.

Rereading your question, you may be asking what is the reason it's down so I'll answer that too: I'm going to guess these shows are on the more expensive side of things to produce and when it comes to cost/revenue, you just can't beat another reality show or another music competition. Fringe, for as hard-core as the fan base was, just didn't have the numbers and that show was allowed to go to completion. None of them have had good numbers since Lost.

Seems sort of a dichotomy. Tons of sci-fi movies get made, since that's where payday strikes when the movie works. TV on the other hand seems to get fewer shows greenlit and they're given a quick yank if they don't provide immediate results (which Revolution seemed to do, even if barely).

I was asking for the reason. I think LOST has set an unreachable standard for viewers and networks. Also the quick yanks make it hard to start a show for fear it will suck and/or go off the air.

I was asking for the reason. I think LOST has set an unreachable standard for viewers and networks. Also the quick yanks make it hard to start a show for fear it will suck and/or go off the air.

Like Firefly.

I hope Hannibal gets picked up. It's MONTE

Yeah that's the one that I'm rooting for as well. Its too good to be cancelled.

Vegas was my biggest disappointment. It was a good idea. But the characterization, making Dennis Quaid talk w/ a tough/gruff voice was dumb, the whole is he bad/is he not angle of Vic Mackey was dumb. Shame. Could have been a better show. I also like the guy from Terra Nova who was the middle brother, he'll be on a successful show one day.

Back