• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2013-2014 TV Season Thread

I was asking for the reason. I think LOST has set an unreachable standard for viewers and networks. Also the quick yanks make it hard to start a show for fear it will suck and/or go off the air.

Seinfeld really made it hard for smart comedies. Leaves us stuck with things like Two and a Half men being the only thing to succeed with top ratings.

During the '90s NBC had Seinfeld, Frasier, Friends, and The Cosby Show. The last decade the biggest things they have had are, uh, The Office and Scrubs. Great shows (although neither exactly went out in a blaze of glory), but not even remotely close to those 4. It's like GM during the '70s.

I can think of 2:

1) Fred Armisen
2) That trailer wasn't really funny.

Armisen looked like a guest star. Can't imagine he'll have a major role.

I thought it was funny enough for a trailer. And I trust Mike Schur to be able to develop characters and build a world for them to inhabit

It took him a short season to find his way with The Office and then Parks & Rec and then they became very strong shows.

They're trying to do the Carrell thing with Samberg. I wasn't feeling it. Hopefully they'll figure out how to tone him down and make him more likeable like they did with Carrell and Poehler.

I definitely like the rest of the cast. The women look good, that guy with the crew cut was good in Big Love and some other stuff. Crews and Braugher should be a great combination.

I looked up Schur to see if he had done any other shows. He's my age. Wow.

Last edited:
Nice. A show about fatherhood and being a teenager in the early 90s. Right up my alley.

I will try both of those shows. The cast in the cop show is unbeatable.

I liked Terra Nova alright. It was just starting to get good before they rushed the end.

Yeah I liked Terra Nova a lot too, it was just too expensive to make and not enough people watched it.

Wow. I'm a little gunshy on JJ Abrams shows, but that looks great.

Is this trailer thing new this season?

Yeah, its gonna be a new show on Fox.

I think its going to be a cop buddy show only in the future. I'm sure something will go wrong w/ the newer models and that will be the season finale. Prob will be a great first season at least.

Agree with Go. That looks like what it's building toward. Wasn't there some movie or TV show recently with a similar premise besides I, Robot? I feel like it's a common troupe in which an outdated model of something (machine, person, etc) has to take on the newer models. I just can't think of any right now.

Maybe that Hugh Jackman movie that looked like a movie based on Rock 'Em, Sock 'Em robots except it wasn't. Somebody help me out here.

Agree with Go. That looks like what it's building toward. Wasn't there some movie or TV show recently with a similar premise besides I, Robot? I feel like it's a common troupe in which an outdated model of something (machine, person, etc) has to take on the newer models. I just can't think of any right now.

the Terminator sequels

Back