• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2013 Atlanta Braves NL East Champs OFFSEASON: Cobb County Stadium? What?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just moved to Atlanta a couple of months ago... huge baseball fan, but mostly the Rays (lived there the last 6 years and had season tickets). Have been to Turner Field a couple of times a year the last few years... will be nice to be outside for games instead of awful Tropicana Field down in St. Pete.

Bossman Junior followed me from RDU to Tampa, and now he follows me to Atlanta.

Won't be a full-fledged Braves fan (at least not yet)... but certainly hoping they have a good season.

Opening Day roster is set. Venters to start season on DL

http://www.talkingchop.com/2013/3/2...ing-day-roster-set-venters-to-start-season-on

Projected opening day lineup:

Andrelton Simmons, SS
Jason Heyward, RF
Justin Upton, LF
Freddie Freeman, 1B
B.J. Upton, CF
Dan Uggla, 2B
Chris Johnson, 3B
Gerald Laird, C
Starting rotation:

Tim Hudson
Paul Maholm
Kris Medlen
Mike Minor
Julio Teheran

Bullpen: Craig Kimbrel, Eric O'Flaherty, Jordan Walden, Luis Avilan, Cory Gearrin, Anthony Varvaro, Cristhian Martinez

Bench: Reed Johnson (OF), Juan Francisco (3B), Ramiro Pena (INF), Evan Gattis (C), Jordan Schafer (OF)

On the disabled list: Brian McCann, Jonny Venters

Come on you Braves! I need this.

Wake sucks
Hurricanes losing streak
Tottenham Hotspur on a skid

Please, just give me one winning team.

Sounds good. Be nice to have a fresher arm in the rotation for the 2nd half, a la Medlen last year.

I'm hearing late June, early July like BBD said.

But what about Teheran? He's got a 1.04 era in 26 innings this spring. Can't keep putting him back down in AAA.

And does that mean Maholm will be pitching Wednesday? Also going to that game

Somebody in the starting rotation will get hurt or be ineffective. That's who Beachy will replace.

Could a Beachy return make Minor trade bait for the playoff run?

I don't think we'll trade Minor. I think this is the last year of Hudson & Maholm, so we gotta keep Minor. I could see us trading Maholm though.

Weather for the Wednesday game went from 68 & rainy to 53 & cloudy. Looks like I'll be freezing that night

Come on you Braves! I need this.

Wake sucks
Hurricanes losing streak
Tottenham Hotspur on a skid

Please, just give me one winning team.

Ken: [looking at a surreal Bosch painting] It's Judgment Day, you know?
Ray: No. What's that then?
Ken: Well, it's, you know, the final day on Earth, when mankind will be judged for the crimes they've committed and that.
Ray: Oh. And see who gets into heaven and who gets into hell and all that.
Ken: Yeah. And what's the other place?
Ray: Purgatory.
Ken: Purgatory... what's that?
Ray: Purgatory's kind of like the in-betweeny one. You weren't really shit, but you weren't all that great either. Like Tottenham.
[pause]
Ray: Do you believe in all that stuff, Ken?
Ken: About Tottenham?

You should see In Bruges if you haven't. It's hilarious.

Wish there was someone else to plug into the six spot. Not optimistic with Uggla.

I made Kate watch it a couple weeks ago. When I heard that line I immediately thought of you. I've been meaning to bring it to your attention ever since.

Said it before, but I'm not counting on much from Beachy this year, especially until very late in the season. Seems like pitchers aren't back at 100% until that following year. Thinking of Hudson's recovery a couple of years back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back