• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2013 Basketball Record: Would you rather???

Would you rather??

• Total voters
Your poll represents a series of false choices, my friend.

The answers in the poll above seem to indicate otherwise.

I really despise Jeff [Redacted] and I hope that he gets fired, regardless, but I'm never going to root against Wake.

I feel like the friend of an addict when it comes to Wake Forest bball. I don't want to see my friend arrested and locked up, but I know it's the best thing for him long-term because he's not going to get clean on his own and may just hurt himself even more.

i'm really struggling with this. i agree with racer that bzz is not going to suddenly turn a corner and find success in college coaching so the sooner he goes the better. i guess i am sitting the fence and having difficulty rooting for those kids to go through more seasons as awful as we have just seen. they are only guilty of buying in to the idea of turning wake around. also, it kills me that harris and mckie have been screwed by ron.

I agree with this, especially for CJ. He should have been the new Taron Downey. Very versatile, seemingly a great leader, willing to do whatever it takes to help the team. It's a shame for both him and the fans that the only opportunity he had to succeed was as a freshman. At least he did get a win in the NCAAs. CJ exemplifies the type of player we should be looking for at Wake.

Yes you can. Tons of coaches do.

Two years left is an eternity .

How many coaches in the past 10 years have recruited top-100 prospects, with two years remaining on a contract without being extended?

With their job situation clearly in jeopardy? Examples?

That's a really specific result. Ben Howland has three years left like [Redacted] and is on the hot seat.

I definitely disagree with you and there's nothing either of us can say to change the other.

All Buzz has to do to keep his job is to win 15 games. I want us to fall short of this threshold so that he gets fired and I will actually be excited about basketball again.

The answers in the poll above seem to indicate otherwise.

I feel like the friend of an addict when it comes to Wake Forest bball. I don't want to see my friend arrested and locked up, but I know it's the best thing for him long-term because he's not going to get clean on his own and may just hurt himself even more.

Just because people answered doesn't make it any less of a false choice...

But I hear what you're saying in the bold. Just isn't in my fan-conscience, but it's certainly legit.

That's a really specific result. Ben Howland has three years left like [Redacted] and is on the hot seat.

I definitely disagree with you and there's nothing either of us can say to change the other.

You can't say it's possible and not give examples. Ben Howland, we can all agree, is in a very different situation at UCLA than Jeff [Redacted] is at Wake Forest, making that comparison less than apt.

I was at a wedding a few weeks ago with a bunch of wake guys including dented and buckets and the unanimous choice was to lose enough games this year to ensure buzz is gone. Short term failure in exchange for long term hope.

bzz recruits top 100 kids?

No, RJ said that it's possible to recruit well despite with two years remaining on a coach's contract without an extension. I posed the question to RJ: I think the answer is no.

I will never pull for Wake Forest to lose a game. If we win 18 games then it indicates we are on the right path so I'm not sure why people would not want that to happen if it were a choice (which it is in this poll).

Basically I agree with what Stonz said.

I dont see why there is any guarantee that he will be fired if we dont win a certain number of games.

Might as well root for your team and hope for the best either way.

I will never pull for Wake Forest to lose a game. If we win 18 games then it indicates we are on the right path so I'm not sure why people would not want that to happen if it were a choice (which it is in this poll).

Basically I agree with what Stonz said.

I'm guessing that it means that you want Jeff [Redacted] out regardless.

I'm not going to lie, I'm firmly in that camp. Nothing that the man has done on the bench or on the recruiting trail proves to me that he's an ACC-caliber coach, or the guy that's going to take this team to the next level, which was of course one of the reasons why we fired Dino (allegedly).

I'll never root against Wake, but I'm Bzz-out 'til he's gone.

I'm guessing that it means that you want Jeff [Redacted] out regardless.

I'm not going to lie, I'm firmly in that camp. Nothing that the man has done on the bench or on the recruiting trail proves to me that he's an ACC-caliber coach, or the guy that's going to take this team to the next level, which was of course one of the reasons why we fired Dino (allegedly).

I'll never root against Wake, but I'm Bzz-out 'til he's gone.

I guess my point is that there are two options. One option means we are on the right path (18 wins with 7 freshmen) and a likely NIT berth, the other means another subpar season that may not result in his dismissal anyway. Might as well always pull for us to win and if we don't then we cross that bridge when we get there.

I guess my point is that there are two options. One option means we are on the right path (18 wins with 7 freshmen) and a likely NIT berth, the other means another subpar season that may not result in his dismissal anyway. Might as well always pull for us to win and if we don't then we cross that bridge when we get there.

Do you believe that 18 wins is not Jeff [Redacted]'s ceiling in the ACC?

I dont see why there is any guarantee that he will be fired if we dont win a certain number of games.

It's obviously a hypothetical. The way Wellman is dug in, it's possible we could win 10 games and he still wouldn't fire Bzz.

Do you believe that 18 wins is not Jeff [Redacted]'s ceiling in the ACC?

I have absolutely no idea. Based on what we've seen so far I find it unlikely that we will win 18 games. I would love to be proven wrong. If he wins 18 this year then I don't see why next year it would be unreasonable to expect another 4-5 win boost. Admittedly these are hypotheticals that I don't think will occur, but I'm still going to hope it happens.

No sense in pulling against him just because he could be fired. It's going to work out one way or the other regardless who we all pull for, so it just makes sense to me to support the team anyway and see what happens at the end of the year.

It's obviously a hypothetical. The way Wellman is dug in, it's possible we could win 10 games and he still wouldn't fire Bzz.

I find it highly unlikely that if we win 10 games he will not fire Coach [Redacted].

Back