• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2013 FB RECRUITING MEGATHREAD: Stevenson! 1RB,1DL,1K,2WR,5LB,1QB,5OL,3DB,2TE

Looks like people are lining up to be on Himebauch's line. That makes 3 out of the last 4 classes that we've had 2 TEs. Garcia is at DE. I must have missed what happened to Anthony Rook. He's not on the roster.

None of the freshman are listed on the roster yet.

My brother is an assistant coach at Eastern Alamance and says this about Ali Lamot:

"Yes, he is good. He is skinny, but tall, and very smart (football and academics). He is a Grobe type of player. As great of a kid as you'll ever meet and has all the tools to be a stud. I think he is under the radar b/c he is playing out of position (DE). Top of his class in school and I think he is plans to enroll early."

Possible that Wake may get another kid from EA as well.

Last edited:
My brother is an assistant coach at Eastern Alamance and says this about Ali Lamont:

"Yes, he is good. He is skinny, but tall, and very smart (football and academics). He is a Grobe type of player. As great of a kid as you'll ever meet and has all the tools to be a stud. I think he is under the radar b/c he is playing out of position (DE). Top of his class in school and I think he is plans to enroll early."

Possible that Wake may get another kid from EA as well.

Great news! This kid has a motor and is quick.

He has a good frame, suitable to adding substantially more weight. I have watched him since his freshmen season and have rarely seen him successfully blocked. He also rarely misses tackles. Of course, he will need to be red-shirted to increase size and strength but he could prove to be a big time player down the road. He has the physical, mental and character tools to be very good.

Last edited:
Pretty much all under the radar type recruits so far. Would love to get a few studs at the skill position to boost the hype of this class.

What is the deal with Rook? He, Laronji, and Cameron are the guys from last year's class that I was most excited about.

No deal. Freshmen aren't on the roster yet. My bad.

I think that given the production (or lack thereof) we get from the TE position, I question why we use 2 schollys in a year in which we expect to have a small class.

TEs are usually big enough and athletic enough to move to another position. Given that, with the TEs we have stock piled, it is a hell of a selling job. Now if we would only use them! :)

What is the deal we are racking up a lot of guys with FCS offers now instead of FBS offers are our new coaches allowed to jump on guys without approval from Grobe?

Normally don't get a lot of verbals until the eyeball test at camps in early June by all the staff and CEO, jd3.

C'mon James. Do you really think Grobe will hold the new coaches to a lower standard than the previous coaches? I'm sure the vetting process has not changed. I'm excited to get these guys, but it appears (based on offers and rankings) that we are getting less coveted players for whatever reason.

We need to have a good season this year, 8-4 or better IMO.

If we go 5-0 in september, they'll be jumping in the boat. These kids won't help us til '14 anyway. With that in mind, if you look at our depth chart, we're thin at NT,RB and LB. But in '14 we'll be starting a new QB, have 1 FB, 3 Safeties and 5 CBs. 7 LBs for 4 spots, 4DEs and 1 Nose when yhis class will be taking off their red shirts. With 6-8 'ships left, what should we go after? I think we're done on the offensive side of the ball.

If we go 5-0 in september, they'll be jumping in the boat. These kids won't help us til '14 anyway. With that in mind, if you look at our depth chart, we're thin at NT,RB and LB. But in '14 we'll be starting a new QB, have 1 FB, 3 Safeties and 5 CBs. 7 LBs for 4 spots, 4DEs and 1 Nose, when this class will be taking off their red shirts. With 6-8 'ships left, what should we go after? I think we're done on the offensive side of the ball.

If we go 5-0 in september, they'll be jumping in the boat. These kids won't help us til '14 anyway. With that in mind, if you look at our depth chart, we're thin at NT,RB and LB. But in '14 we'll be starting a new QB, have 1 FB, 3 Safeties and 5 CBs. 7 LBs for 4 spots, 4DEs and 1 Nose when yhis class will be taking off their red shirts. With 6-8 'ships left, what should we go after? I think we're done on the offensive side of the ball.

We need a WR...
I'd prefer this with the remaining ships...WR, RB (maybe even 2), 2DL, 1LB, 1 CB and 1 S

We need a wr yes, but we need rb's more than anything else on the offensive side of the ball. After that we have to be focusing on LB's, DL, and Safeties and another corner to replace Vason.

Our last 3 commits we have been kicking UMASS, Temple, and Ohio's butt for.

That's pretty short sighted James. Over the past ten years this staff has been the "identifiers" of talent. Wake would get on a guy early and then, after 2-3 months, the formerly "unknown recruit" would move on to bigger suitors.

This year Wake is getting committments from it's early identifications...other staffs are no longer going to be able to have our guys do the leg work then come over the top and cherry pick.

We will be in several fights for these kids as the process wears and we may lose one or two but this is extremely promising and falls in line with the upward ascent recruiting has followed since Grobe's arrival.

That's pretty short sighted James. Over the past ten years this staff has been the "identifiers" of talent. Wake would get on a guy early and then, after 2-3 months, the formerly "unknown recruit" would move on to bigger suitors.

This year Wake is getting committments from it's early identifications...other staffs are no longer going to be able to have our guys do the leg work then come over the top and cherry pick.

We will be in several fights for these kids as the process wears and we may lose one or two but this is extremely promising and falls in line with the upward ascent recruiting has followed since Grobe's arrival.

Welcome back Lec. Hope you had a nice vacation and are ready to talk some serious football..........on a regular basis.
The season is only 2 1/2 months away.

Yeah, welcome back. Can you tell us anything about Sheldon Lewinson? With Hazime coming off the ACL, I am thinking we might want to use Lewinson to back up Nikita. Also, is Gallagher able to play and give us anything?

Our OL and DL might be better than projected.

Yeah, welcome back. Can you tell us anything about Sheldon Lewinson? With Hazime coming off the ACL, I am thinking we might want to use Lewinson to back up Nikita. Also, is Gallagher able to play and give us anything?

Our OL and DL might be better than projected.

I also feel we should get at least 2 RBs (left that off my last post) both should be able to return kicks. After Lovell leaves, who is our KR? Gallagher is on a medical scholarship now. He can't play for us or anybody else because of his injury.

Back