• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2013 GRAND SLAM CONTEST - cville wins PGA; NFDeac wins Grand Slam!

16 career majors.
10 cuts made
4 Top 25's
Best finish: 2011 PGA T12

Hopefully he can turn his major showings around like Adam Scott. Through 2010, Scott had 1 finish better than T8 in 39 majors. In his last 11 majors, he has 6 T8's or better.

Let's see how Scott does beginning January 1, 2016. He could always hit it. But he was a terrible putter with the short putter. I think I heard that he still plans to use the long putter and just keep it a little ways from his chin instead of anchoring it under his chin.

I have a feeling there will be a much larger group "in contention" for this fantasy game this time around with all of the popular picks....either that or someone will blow everyone away with picks that weren't so popular.

My team:

Tiger Woods - 0
Brandt Snedeker - 35
Zach Johnson - 60
Bill Haas - 67
Hideki Matsuyama - 110
Billy Horschel - 135
TOTAL: 407

Haas: -2
Horschel: -1
Z. Johnson: -1
Snedeker: E
Tiger: +1
Matsuyama: +2
TOTAL: -4

Standings after Day 1:

West End Deac's team is:
Matt Kuchar
Brandt Snedeker
Keegan Bradley
Jason Day
Jim Furyk
Jordan Spieth

CORRECTION: Deacon led at -20 (Scott, Sneds, ZJ, Furyk, Els, Moore) ---- I had missed inputting his entry.

Place Entrant Low 4 Bonus Total
1 West End Deac -12 -5 -17
2 nomadic -11 -5 -16
2 cville deac -11 -5 -16
2 DCDeac -11 -5 -16
5 liveanddiedeac -9 -5 -14
6 rjkarl -8 -5 -13
6 deacman5 -8 -5 -13
6 Teamramrod -8 -5 -13
6 PhonsoINT -8 -5 -13
10 stonz -7 -5 -12
11 bluefish -10 -1 -11
12 Vegas Jethro -5 -5 -10
12 CarlosBerg -5 -5 -10
12 Satan -5 -5 -10
15 ChicdeaC -4 -5 -9
16 qcdeac -7 - -7
17 deacref -6 - -6
17 texasdeac -5 -1 -6
17 matt -5 -1 -6
20 rocket -5 - -5
21 DeaconSlim2.0 -4 - -4
21 doofus -4 - -4
21 MrBojanglesDad -4 - -4
21 DirktheDeac -4 - -4
21 1834 -4 - -4
21 tau06 -4 - -4
27 Sleepy -3 - -3
27 Les Grossman -3 - -3
29 MrBojangles -2 - -2
29 numbers -2 - -2
29 Eckhouse -2 - -2
29 1985 Deac -2 - -2
29 ATLDeac -2 - -2
29 TWDeac -2 - -2
29 deac29 -2 - -2
36 aocs3281 -1 - -1
36 Fayettenam -1 - -1
36 CumberlandDeac -1 - -1
36 High Right -1 - -1
36 84Deac -1 0 -1
41 Nonny 0 0 0
41 bobknightfan 0 0 0
43 mebanedeac 1 0 1
44 HTTD 2 0 2
44 NFDeac 2 0 2
46 ipitytheblue 3 0 3
47 YDIW 17 0 17

Last edited:
Any chance I can get added to the contest? I posted my picks in this thread.

I shall allow it. I see your (unedited) post in the thread prior to the deadline.
Others should have copied your picks --- you are in first at -20!

Is Adam Scott becoming the player said he would about ten years ago?

Scores are getting ridiculous. You'd think this was the Phoenix Open instead of a major.

Rain, rain, rain. It really takes away several of Oak Hill's key defenses, which are firm greens and sloped (including some reverse camber) fairways. But, at the PGA, it's okay to see good scores.

Yeah, I realized that after I posted. Checked at 7 AM this morning and the site said a slow, steady rain was already falling. I guess I'm just spoiled by the U.S. & British Opens.

British Opens can have very low scores. I think Faldo won with -20 one year at St. Andrews. The only true beast almost every year is the U.S. Open. The PGA and The Masters typically have lower scores.

Why is Jimenez listed as even when he is actually +1?

because ESPN has him at +1 thru 13. pgatour.com has him at E thru 13.

4 double bogeys so far this tournament for MAJ.

Rules experts: Could he have kept the 15th club in the bag since he was already assessed the max penalty?

[h=4]11:33 AM[/h][h=3]Austin assessed four-stroke penalty[/h]
PITTSFORD, N.Y. -- Woody Austin suffered a costly four-stroke penalty on Friday when he discovered he had 15 clubs in his bag during the second round of the PGA Championship..

Austin declared the club out of play and reported the mistake to a rules official when he finished the third hole. Under rule 4-4, the penalty for exceeding the 14-club limit is two strokes for each hole where the breach occured, to a maximum of four strokes.

So instead of a par at the first hole, Austin made a double bogey. He tripled the second when the penalty strokes were added.

Austin, who won the Sanderson Farms Championship earlier this year, did manage to make birdies at the fifth and sixth holes but he bogeyed No. 9 and made the turn in 39. He's 3 over for the tournament and 4 over for the day.

Had Austin not incurred the penalty, he would have made the turn in even par and be 1 under for the tournament.

Rules experts: Could he have kept the 15th club in the bag since he was already assessed the max penalty?

[h=4]11:33 AM[/h][h=3]Austin assessed four-stroke penalty[/h]
PITTSFORD, N.Y. -- Woody Austin suffered a costly four-stroke penalty on Friday when he discovered he had 15 clubs in his bag during the second round of the PGA Championship..

Austin declared the club out of play and reported the mistake to a rules official when he finished the third hole. Under rule 4-4, the penalty for exceeding the 14-club limit is two strokes for each hole where the breach occured, to a maximum of four strokes.

So instead of a par at the first hole, Austin made a double bogey. He tripled the second when the penalty strokes were added.

Austin, who won the Sanderson Farms Championship earlier this year, did manage to make birdies at the fifth and sixth holes but he bogeyed No. 9 and made the turn in 39. He's 3 over for the tournament and 4 over for the day.

Had Austin not incurred the penalty, he would have made the turn in even par and be 1 under for the tournament.

Once he realized it, I think continuing with it in the bag would fall into the "serious breach" category and he would have been DQ'd. If he never realized it, probably fine and it's four strokes.

Webb is killing it. Keep it up...

Webb just got to -7 on the day. He will piss off a lot of members if he keeps this up!

because ESPN has him at +1 thru 13. pgatour.com has him at E thru 13.

4 double bogeys so far this tournament for MAJ.
pga.com live coverage has him at +1, with the hole-by-hole scorecard to back it up.

In these conditions - gotta think the medium length straight hitters have a big advantage. Could see Kuchar and Dufner in the top 5 by the end of the day...

Webb has destroyed this course today. It would be great to see him and Bill in contention on Sunday.

Back