• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2013 GRAND SLAM CONTEST - cville wins PGA; NFDeac wins Grand Slam!

Talk about popular picks:

Tiger
Scott
Stenson
Schwartzel
Speith
Jimenez

Tiger Woods - 0
Brandt Snedeker - 35
Keegan Bradley - 40
Jason Dufner - 45
Russell Henley - 150
Jordan Speith - 150
Total - 420

Matt's Team:

Tiger
Rose
Westwood
Sneds
Branden Grace
Martin Laird

Fewer than four people picked Westwood? Wow.

I agree Westwood is 1 of the favorites this week. This is a great set-up for him. I've just never liked him and didn't know who to take out of Stenson, Mahan and Dufner to put him in. But my philosophy was definitely pick great ball strikers and went with Jiminez as my last pick on a hunch - he's playing well.

bkf is leading the season long Majors contest, so I quoted his post listing his team in case he deletes it.

Tough for me to get a feel for this major, so I am just going with my heart and picking some of my favorite golfers.

Lee Westwood 35 He has 8 Top 3's in majors, and that's what really matters!

Sergio Garcia 60
article-2211030-15494677000005DC-624_634x423.jpg

Ian Poulter 67
Poulter.jpg

Vijay Singh 150 Classy guy. Have to put at least one 50 year old on the squad, so might as well take one of my favorites. Hope he brought enough deer antler spray to play the weekend.

Y.E. Yang 150 The Original Tiger Killer

Bubba Watson 67 Had to put an American in, so I don't get criticized for hating America again. Reluctant to pick him, particularly since he is friends with Mr. Misplaced Priorities, Hunter Mahan.

Screw it. I'm dropping Bubba Watson and just going with 5 players. Really ticked Sabbatini or Na didn't make the field.

Total points: 462

Last edited:
I have a feeling there will be a much larger group "in contention" for this fantasy game this time around with all of the popular picks....either that or someone will blow everyone away with picks that weren't so popular.

My team:

Tiger Woods - 0
Brandt Snedeker - 35
Zach Johnson - 60
Bill Haas - 67
Hideki Matsuyama - 110
Billy Horschel - 135
TOTAL: 407

I have a feeling there will be a much larger group "in contention" for this fantasy game this time around with all of the popular picks....either that or someone will blow everyone away with picks that weren't so popular.

My team:

Tiger Woods - 0
Brandt Snedeker - 35
Zach Johnson - 60
Bill Haas - 67
Hideki Matsuyama - 110
Billy Horschel - 135

Love the Horschel pick. I was shocked that people didn't love his value at 135. Then again, watch him miss the cut and I end up looking like an idiot.

Love the Horschel pick. I was shocked that people didn't love his value at 135. Then again, watch him miss the cut and I end up looking like an idiot.

Yea I picked him at The Open Championship too based on his year and he ended up missing the cut...hopefully this week will be different.

My last pick was between Fowler and Horschel. I like the Speith pick too. Liking the fowler pick so far at least. Some guy on the golf channel yesterday said it's not a question of if tiger wins, it's big how much. I don't necessarily agree with that but it was interesting.

Yea I picked him at The Open Championship too based on his year and he ended up missing the cut...hopefully this week will be different.

It's a whole different ball game with younger guys who are on the PGA tour playing in one of their first British opens. The PGA sets up more like a course they are used to playing.

It's a whole different ball game with younger guys who are on the PGA tour playing in one of their first British opens. The PGA sets up more like a course they are used to playing.

Which made Spieth's showing there even more impressive. Had him in the British and have him here too.

My last pick was between Fowler and Horschel. I like the Speith pick too. Liking the fowler pick so far at least. Some guy on the golf channel yesterday said it's not a question of if tiger wins, it's big how much. I don't necessarily agree with that but it was interesting.

toogs bat signal

My team:

Tiger Woods - 0
Brandt Snedeker - 35
Zach Johnson - 60
Bill Haas - 67
Hideki Matsuyama - 110
Billy Horschel - 135

This is my exact team...lol

Maybe I have gotten spoiled with Masters online coverage, but only having one feature group in the morning and one in the afternoon, with random coverage of just par 3s in the afternoon is amateur hour. Is there any way to watch TNT's coverage online?

Oh Paul Casey, you tease. I wanted to pick you so badly even though you've been non-existent for the last three years up until the last couple of months.

Back