• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favorite Kawhi quote so far is this - a reporter asked him when training camp started if he did anything fun over the summer. His answer, "no."

I love the Wade quote about him after the Finals last year:

"I have so much respect for them," Dwyane Wade said last night when he was asked about the Spurs. "We went through that whole series and a couple of those guys, I ain't heard their voices yet. They don't say nothing to ya, they just kick your butt. No trash-talking. Kawhi Leonard, I don't even know how he sounds. But he's a bad boy."

Jalen Rose just blew my mind on Grantland...

Says that at the end of their respective contracts, Durant to Houston to join Harden/Howard; Westbrook to the Lakers with K. Love

And now Texas needs a new keyboard that isn't covered in jizz.

Welp, the Spurs are breaking these bad boys out against the Zards on Nov. 13th.

443587_400x400wc.jpg

They look like that bullshit rag rolled paint treatment that was the rage in the 90's

rag-rolling_Valspar-Paint.jpg

Durant isn't a FA until 2016-17 and then the Rockets could possibly only have two other players under contract: James Harden and Dwight Howard.

Westbrook isn't a FA all the way until 2017-18... who knows what happens by then.

Durant isn't a FA until 2016-17 and then the Rockets could possibly only have two other players under contract: James Harden and Dwight Howard.

Westbrook isn't a FA all the way until 2017-18... who knows what happens by then.

Jalen Rose is an idiot. He's entertaining, but he isn't all that knowledgeable.

ETA: Dwight Howard began his NBA career in 2004. Who knows with his back what he'll be like then.

Jalen Rose just blew my mind on Grantland...

Says that at the end of their respective contracts, Durant to Houston to join Harden/Howard; Westbrook to the Lakers with K. Love

The Houston part is not possible unless takes a huge pay cut. Harden and Howard take up $40M at that time. When you add even basic minimum slots for the other 12 players, Durant couldn't sign for more than $10-12M

Durant doesn't really care that much about money compared with some of his peers. He re-upped to extend his career in freaking Oklahoma.

The Houston part is not possible unless takes a huge pay cut. Harden and Howard take up $40M at that time. When you add even basic minimum slots for the other 12 players, Durant couldn't sign for more than $10-12M

They're about to re-do the TV deal which could skyrocket the salary cap, meaning the teams that have just landed their guys for 4-5 years are going to be able to build big 3's and super teams while they still have superstars on contract for low amounts.

Durant is not going to take half of what Dwight Howard gets.

The cap will have to go to $70M+ to have a shot. Howard is about 50% more than Harden.

The only way it works is if Howard opts out of his last year and signs for much less.

The cap hold for 10 empty roster spots would only be about 5 million (cap hold would be league rookie minimum for each roster spot). If the salary cap jumps up to 65 million with a new TV deal they could sign Durant for about 20 million in the first year, with standard risers.

Clips stand to win alotta games by 30, so you'll see alot of Willie Green time

The cap hold for 10 empty roster spots would only be about 5 million (cap hold would be league rookie minimum for each roster spot). If the salary cap jumps up to 65 million with a new TV deal they could sign Durant for about 20 million in the first year, with standard risers.

It would have be over $65M and they couldn't keep any draft choices between now and then as well as not having any other contracts. If they keep any of the 1st round picks from this year, next year or the year after, you'd have to deduct those amounts.

Last edited:
This is an idiotic discussion because we're talking about 3 years down the line, but if they wanted 10 empty roster spots for that summer they could do it rather easily. Trading away picks or young players on rookie contracts is as easy as pie... and something the Rockets do all the time. The original detraction was that their cap holds alone would be too burdensome, which is not the case.

what is the irish v. palma wager re Kendrick again? this is the last yr, right? and who is the favorite to win?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back