• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
God JJ Redick looked good with the Clippers. I'm just not going to go to any games ever, I can't root for that but they're offense is going to be ridiculous.

Were the props ever posted?

whad he do? i kinda want to go to tomorrow's game. and respond to my text you ass.

what is the irish v. palma wager re Kendrick again? this is the last yr, right? and who is the favorite to win?

Pretty sure I can't lose at this point. The only reason to Amnesty Perk would be to clear enough cap space to sign someone else to upgrade. They have $52 million tied up between KD/besty/iblockya/collison and adams. They'll keep thabo for 5 mil a year, and that's all their cap space. So that owner has no real reason to amnesty and pay him not to play because they can't upgrade.

There are enough tankers out there that someone will trade them some vet they can use in exchange for eating Perk and looting their picks. Gortat or Spencer Hawes or someone would fit the bill.

Pretty sure I can't lose at this point. The only reason to Amnesty Perk would be to clear enough cap space to sign someone else to upgrade. They have $52 million tied up between KD/besty/iblockya/collison and adams. They'll keep thabo for 5 mil a year, and that's all their cap space. So that owner has no real reason to amnesty and pay him not to play because they can't upgrade.

There are enough tankers out there that someone will trade them some vet they can use in exchange for eating Perk and looting their picks. Gortat or Spencer Hawes or someone would fit the bill.

yeah, but who are you?

whad he do? i kinda want to go to tomorrow's game. and respond to my text you ass.

I don't know if it was JJ per se or more the fact that we no longer have the "chris paul dribble the ball for 15 seconds and make something happen" offense. People like move off the ball and there are plays and movement going around. The JJ running around like Ray Allen comparison will be a good one, and all of that will give CP3 and Blake 10x more space than they've had in their careers.

On team people aren't thinking about in the Durant/Love FA talk is the San Antonio. When they become available, Tiago is the only guy they have under contract. Parker will be able to sign for less at 33/34 if wants to keep playing.

The Spurs would also have both of their exception slots. They also have a few players stashed in Europe that look like they could be players.

Add to that no income tax, a great organization and long, long winning tradition and you get a definitely possible destination.

Royce White is interesting. I have been watching pre-season highlights, haven't watched a game, but he is getting points and rebounds and has made some amazing plays that make the highlight reel, but when he is on the court, his team is getting destroyed. He played like 20 minutes the last two games and his team is down like 24 and 28 points when he is on the floor. That is an insane stat, preseason or not.

No gleeful Royce White post from Texas? He's slipping.

Funemployment is over. My posting fecundity is taking a huge hit. But you caught me while I'm on my phone taking a dump, so I can talk about Royce.

He's such a moron. People keep acting like he couldnt make his anxiety disorder work in the NBA, and he's standing up for his health, and blah blah blah.

He's really just fat. He doesn't practice or get in a gym. He admitted as much in an interview with Klosterman on Grantland once. Deep down, the dude just doesn't care about basketball much. That's fine, but it's very different from and unrelated to his anxiety disorder, imo.

RT: @WojYahooNBA Suns sending Marcin Gortat, Malcolm Lee, Shannon Brown and Kendall Marshall to Wiz for Emeka Okakor and 2014 1st round pick (protected to #12)

Umm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back