• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2013 US NEWS COLLEGE RANKINGS- ACC

But they may not have top 30 schools that they can get into closer to home.

This is right. Hence why a lot of tri-state kids go to schools like UNC, Wake, and Duke. UConns, Penn State, Rutgers, and SUNYs, etc. pale in comparison.

I don't really understand how anyone can be arguing against GT's quality if we're strictly talking about rankings listed on this thread... Vad's thread with the rankings of the individual rankings should prove SOMETHING, especially considering those cover all of the biggest engineering disciplines, excluding chemical (which is #7). Hell, CalTech is top 3 in ONE engineering discipline. I'm not claiming the Wake grads here couldn't finish there, hell, I got through GT with a good GPA and didn't put in nearly as much work as a lot of people I know, whatever that means. If you put in the work, or you're math/science inclined and get things, sure, you'll finish. I know an awful lot of people in the engineering world who put GT up there with MIT/CalTech, not just Vad.

I also know a ton of people who don't give a shit where you went to undergrad, as long as you have a GPA that they think is high enough. In my opinion, you earn a lot more respect from a graduate degree than undergrad anyway. So that UVA master's in engineering is really helping me...?

WakeForest1834 5m
RT @WFNewsCenter: #WFU17 student explains why he chose @WakeForest1834 instead of Harvard: http://bit.ly/1dGd3ws @USNewsEducation

http://www.usnews.com/education/hig...er&utm_content=buffer797e7&utm_medium=twitter

"SAT/ACT Scores: 800 math, 800 critical reading, 730 writing; 36 composite"

Jesus.

The National Merit Scholar and center for the school's football team applied to more than a dozen schools and got into most, including theCalifornia Institute of Technology, Duke University, University of Virginia,University of North Carolina—Chapel Hill, Cornell University, New York University and University of Pennsylvania.
He got rejected by Massachusetts Institute of Technology and wait-listed by Johns Hopkins University. He highlighted himself as a "good strong" math and science student. "I like STEM subjects!"
GPA: 3.9
SAT/ACT Scores: 800 math, 800 critical reading, 730 writing; 36 composite

I don't trust it either, @hannah_werthan

#144 in athletics is probably about right.

so you're given positive points for being a party school? is that how maryland edged out georgetown (lol)? also, college park nightlife > dc nightlife?

Back