• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2014 Atlanta Braves Thread: HOF SMOLTZIE!

Wood did his job. See if Braves can finally give him some run support.

comment_cd9kE0tKTJil5FCiNnbyxqyaNKkYvHnk.jpg

Uggla lands in minors w/ the Giants.

5-1 shot he hits a HR to win the Wild Card game against us in SF later this season.

I came to post that he was released by the Giants according to the Braves announcing crew last night, but apparently those reports were wrong, or at least premature.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/24644036/report-dan-uggla-released-by-giants

Uggla is 0-for-11 with six strikeouts and one walk (.083 OBP!) in four games for the Giants. He has also committed three errors and the Giants lost all four games in which he appeared -- not that he was the cause, but he certainly didn't help matters.

It's been pretty quiet but some rumors once Miller gets moved we could be leading for James Russell. He would be an upgrade for the pen but I'd rather get the other Cubs lefty.

Damn it bats get asdrubel Cabrera. They're making moves while we.. Aren't.

For Victor Caratini their second round pick last year. Rome catcher who may have to move to third down the road. I believe in the bat. Apparently, Cubs sending money too, which is annoying if we could have done the deal for a lesser prospect had we absorbed it ourselves.

Just watched the end of last nights game. No idea why they didn't intentionally walk Kemp after the wild pitch in the 10th. 3-2 count, 0 outs, Kemp was on fire the last 2 nights plus there was a base open.

On the verge of getting swept. Braves will be flirting with .500 by mid-august.

Back