• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2014 Atlanta Braves Thread: HOF SMOLTZIE!

It's quite a luxury to be able to send an outfielder to Richmond when you started a different guy in right field last night who's hitting .193 at the start of August.

But my point that the Braves have their pick of horrible players to jettison remains.

I hear you. We gave up a first and second round picks for Bonifacio, Russell, and Doumit. Maybe whoever is running the international side should take over all amateur scouting.

2014 Atlanta Braves Thread (53-44): where's struggla

There are really no words for BJ Upton continuing to hit leadoff. Did Fredi recently get in a bicycle accident?

Minor is a totally different pitcher this year or something. Man he is not good

Damn that's sad about Pete....loved him and Skip both...listened to them for so many games for so many years you felt like you knew them personally...

Also, it may be time to send David Hale down and get him stretched out to potentially take Minor's spot in the rotation. Minor looks AWFUL.

Last edited:
I loved it when the Braves were on TBS. I've always traveled a good bit, but every hotel had TBS on its cable or satellite system. It was great to be able to listen to Skip and Pete in any town I was in. Like Skip, Pete will be missed. RIP.

2014 Atlanta Braves Thread (58-52): RIP PVW

BBD or any Deacs familiar with the Braves TV situation in SE NC -- where are these games broadcast on Time Warner Cable? My Extra Innings says the game is blacked out here in Oak Island, but on the local Fox Sports station last night, they weren't showing the game. Not showing it tonight either. hALP.

If the lead gets to 6 games, I don't think the Braves have the bats to catch up.

If FAT Fredi continuous to play BJ Upton they should both find themselves out of the majors next year..

Back