• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2014 Atlanta Braves Thread: HOF SMOLTZIE!

As long as we get the win today & continue to pound the nats, well be in good shape come Monday.

How so? The roster will still suck and like TAB said, the chances of winning a playoff series are pretty much nill. There's a better chance of another seven game losing streak.

Yeah, sweep the Nats and its like this shit never even happened...

When you need a three game sweep to stay in the race in early August, you're pretty much screwed.

Cry me a river with your crazy NFL lake neighbors. We gots Rapelisburger AND Bruce Arians (nation) on Oconee. Take THAT Rabun.

Also, looks like its gonna be an 8 game losing streak. We're really starting to put the suck in dicksucking. Grief.

Who knows, maybe it's all we need. A sweep of our rivals would boost the morale a whole lot. But who knows.

As long as we get the win today & continue to pound the nats, well be in good shape come Monday.

Regrettably, even the Phillies and Mets can pound the Nats. Let's face it, the NL East is not very strong. I doubt any team that comes out is much of a threat.

The Braves get a break as the Nats two best pitchers since the break have been Doug Fister (1.33 ERA) and Jordan Zimmerman (2.84 ERA 1 BB 20Ks) will not pitch in the series. As the Braves get Strasburg (1-7 4.68 ERA on the road); Gio (0-3 5.85 ERA since the A-S break) and Tanner Roark (who has been solid but had a mediocre start on Monday).

Having been swept away 0-8 on the left coast trip, the Bravos could use a break against the Nats.

Who knows, maybe it's all we need. A sweep of our rivals would boost the morale a whole lot. But who knows.

Yeah. I think this series will make or break our season. Get swept or lose 2 of 3, it's likely over. Win 2 of 3 and get the momentum going, or sweep and take charge of the division. That being said, I'm just hoping for the playoffs this year, not much chance of beating teams like the Dodgers or Cards in a playoff series, imo.

Having been swept away 0-8 on the left coast trip, the Bravos could use a break against the Nats.

Braves haven't gone 0-8 on a road trip since the 40's. There have been some crappy teams between then and now too...WOW

The Braves get a break as the Nats two best pitchers since the break have been Doug Fister (1.33 ERA) and Jordan Zimmerman (2.84 ERA 1 BB 20Ks) will not pitch in the series. As the Braves get Strasburg (1-7 4.68 ERA on the road); Gio (0-3 5.85 ERA since the A-S break) and Tanner Roark (who has been solid but had a mediocre start on Monday).

Yep. Stras is a head case and Gio might not have much gas left in the tank. Might be just what the doctor ordered for the Braves.

Braves get to face the biggest mental midget in sports tonight.

Wtf. Why is BJ batting leadoff when we have bonafacio? Who isn't even playing with Simmons out. Frediot.

Back