• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2014 Atlanta Braves Thread: HOF SMOLTZIE!

And he shaved his head for cancer early this Spring Training. Why must it happen to the good guys twice?

Yikes, didn't know that. That system is so fucked up. Good Lord.

We did get a compensatory pick for McCann signing elsewhere, and think it's only 4 or 5 spots later than the one we would lose. Still would lose a pick, but lessens the pain a bit. My bet is they pass on Santana at current expected pricing, see how the season begins and make a move later if needed. That's out the window if Beachy's "normal soreness" is worse.

Plus there will be other pitchers cut this spring.

Jim Bowden says we're making a serious run at Santana. Also, DOB says there's an announcement at champion stadium this AM

True. I hate DOBs play by play tweets. But I feel like he puts out more braves stuff.

Very encouraged that the leadership recognizes the time to win is now and they're willing to surpass budget to do so. I assume it's just a 1-year deal.

Santana's FIP and xFIP last year: 3.93 and 3.69. A little higher than his normal ERA (3.24) but still not bad at all.

So everything I've read says the new CBA prohibits teams from agreements with players to not offer QOs, but you have to wonder if it will still happen under the table.

Braves payroll is back over 100 MIL - it has been a while. Bodes well for the future, and it seems that the Braves finally have a since of urgency not seen since the early 2000's.

Hey, at least he's enthusiastic

Beachy also likely getting a 2nd TJ surgery. He and Medlen both seeing Dr Andrews on Monday

Maybe old Doc Andrews is getting old.

Medlen, Beachy, RGIII all not looking too sharp post knife. Results talk, bullshit walks, James.

Back