• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2014 MLS Thread

What happened at the Orlando City vs Tampa Bar Rowdies match last night? Pictures of the stadium being set on fire and rumors of kids getting punched in the face going around on twitter.

What happened at the Orlando City vs Tampa Bar Rowdies match last night? Pictures of the stadium being set on fire and rumors of kids getting punched in the face going around on twitter.

Orlando fans are the worst, that's what happened. I'll be glad to not have them in USL anymore.

Short version from what I've heard is that Orlando fans tried to rush the TB fan group, an Orlando fan put on a TB jersey to get in there and throw flares around, some kid tried to stop the Orlando fans and got clocked for his trouble. The flares somehow caught the stadium on fire, Orlando fans and their PUTO banner got tossed. Orlando keeper tweets postgame calling TB fans putos, deletes it afterward. BTW, their keeper is Mexican so he definitely knows the meaning too.

#HeapsOut #BurnsOut #KraftOut

Amazing how the Revs refuse to use the resources allocated to them by the league. Pure laziness or incompetence. Empty roster spots, 4 int'l spots available and an assload of salary space unused.

The salary space is the biggest offense if you ask me. That's not even savings for Kraft, it's money the league uses to pay players and you don't take it?

The salary space is the biggest offense if you ask me. That's not even savings for Kraft, it's money the league uses to pay players and you don't take it?

Exactly. And int'l roster spots are generally worth another 100k or so of value. Revs are sitting on close to $1M in free money.

It will be interesting how this one will play out. Nothing is a given in this rivalry. Still deciding which scarf to wear. PTFC RCTID

This is so middle-American of me, but the World Cup has rekindled my MLS interest.

It's been a while since I followed DC United closely, but I'm back in the game. Watched all 90 minutes at San Jose the other night and plan on watching Seattle-Portland tonight.

I watched the Railhawks first fall game last night. Took their first loss in 17 games at WakeMed after a man got a red card.

I believe it was Indy's first win as well. A few Wake guys on the Railhawks roster. I think the game of the week in the NASL will be aired on WatchEspn so that's pretty cool to be able to watch/keep up with.

This is so middle-American of me, but the World Cup has rekindled my MLS interest.

It's been a while since I followed DC United closely, but I'm back in the game. Watched all 90 minutes at San Jose the other night and plan on watching Seattle-Portland tonight.

I assume DC United is your team?

Yes. I used to frequent RFK during Jaime Moreno's days, back when Ben Olson was on the pitch.

Nice. Welcome back. This thread is a hidden gem of #hotsportstakes and #notgay

MLS is better than its made out to be. I'm fired up for the game - good to see Seattle filled the upper deck.

Now, fuck the Sounders.

I just wish Seattle played on grass. I think the turf takes away from a potentially great venue there.

Chad Barrett should be playing in a competitive adult league team somewhere, not for one of MLS's best teams.

lol

Steve Lepore ‏@stevelepore 5m
@RobStoneONFOX saw someone tweet that Cascadia was the Old Firm with craft beer/weed instead of religious hatred. This is fun.

Phillip Quinn ‏@PhilMQuinn 3m
Jermaine Jones: "It's up to MLS. I showed at the World Cup that I'm as good as players like Michael Bradley & Clint Dempsey." I LOVE YOU.

For those who follow more closely, why does Portland suck this year? Aren't they mostly the same team that won the west last year?

Back