• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2014 Resolutions

Screw it, I wasn't going to do it but I can't think of anything better. I'm in one of those super social departments where everyone does everything together, so I am going to say hi to every member of my team at the start of every day. Yes I am making a checklist to make sure I say hi to everyone. LETS GO.

(Starting tomorrow.)

Do yoga/regular stretching routine to improve flexibility...not stretching while trying to amp up run mileage has f'ed me up
Re-connect with old friends in my hometown since I've moved back here for a job
Do a better job keeping in touch with out-of-town friends from college and law school
Running related goal TBD

Get paid more/get promoted
Get in a lot better shape/eat better

I've already lost about 60 pounds since April. My goal was to get below 200 before April 2013. I have about 15-20 more pounds to go.

Running a half marathon in March. Running the Cooper Bridge 10k in April.

Not sure that 2013 has a marathon in the cards, but I might contemplate a fall half.

Finish paying off credit card debt.

I started a lot of these endeavors last spring, so it's more about continuation.

You were a big boy like me it seems. How did you do it because that is my goal this year?

Finish my degree with honors in may.
Find a job I want instead of a job I need.
Go golfing at least two or three times and month and get my score consistently 80 or less.
Drop 50-60lbs.
Get some debt paid off.

You all are tossing around so big weight loss numbers. I'm down 10 from my max a few months ago. I may have to set my goal for 30 instead of 20.

Get at least one first-author publication
Read at least 12 books including one of Gravity's Rainbow, House of Leaves, or Ulysses
Watch at least 25 films I've not yet seen from the IMDb Top 250 or similar Best Films lists
Attend at least four plays, two operas, two ballets, and two symphonies
Visit 5 out of state friends

Do yoga/regular stretching routine to improve flexibility...not stretching while trying to amp up run mileage has f'ed me up
Re-connect with old friends in my hometown since I've moved back here for a job
Do a better job keeping in touch with out-of-town friends from college and law school
Running related goal TBD

I have a similar goal to do yoga/strength training a little each day. I just bought Wii Fit plus which is a really cool game where you do exercises for balance, strength, yoga and cardio and they're actually fun to do. I think not stretching enough and working on my core caused me to have this tendinitis thing that I can't seem to shake.

Other goals:
Lose 24 pounds by end of March.
Run a 5K under 20
stop being so obsessive about checking boards/rep/Facebook

Be more fiscally responsible
Take my training seriously and maximize my potential
Find something I can regularly participate in that meaningfully impacts other people

Keep the 20-25 lbs that I lost this summer off
Set a budget and stick to it
Be more environmentally friendly
Get into yoga
Aggressively pay off my student loans

Get at least one first-author publication
Read at least 12 books including one of Gravity's Rainbow, House of Leaves, or Ulysses
Watch at least 25 films I've not yet seen from the IMDb Top 250 or similar Best Films lists
Attend at least four plays, two operas, two ballets, and two symphonies
Visit 5 out of state friends

What field are you in?

Record a country album
Cold turkey on soda

4real. The decision was already made and writing process started, it's just a matter of following through with it. I have everything at my disposal that I need from a bandmate, audio engineer friends with access to studios, friends willing to chip in on instruments I don't know how to play, and people willing to help me revise and hone songs. My major goal for 2012 was to start doing the things I really wanted to do, which included quitting the job I hated and moving half way across the country on a whim. It was scary as hell at the time but looking back on 2012, I did a lot of things that 2011 me would have been too scared to do or wouldn't have thought I was capable of. It's pretty easy if you just say fuck it and take things into your own control. So 2013 is about using my time to be creative and pushing myself to do more stuff I always wanted to but never thought I could, and hence never tried.

Back