• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2014 Resolutions

january is just as arbitrary as any other month to make changes.

Not really -- like most people, I abused the hell out of myself in December, and feel like a detox/workout resolution is necessary. I will feel that way for about another 3 weeks.

...but if it's the impetus someone needs to make a positive change in their own life, more power to them.

but it can also serve as an excuse to keep doing something unhealthy if it's near the end of the year but not quite january.

Not really -- like most people, I abused the hell out of myself in December, and feel like a detox/workout resolution is necessary. I will feel that way for about another 3 weeks.

but it can also serve as an excuse to keep doing something unhealthy if it's near the end of the year but not quite january.

as if it was right on cue. Thanks shoo!

if you want to go all 'glass half empty' on it, sure. but overall, new year/fresh start is a time where lots of people make positive changes... net good for the world.

january is just as arbitrary as any other month to make changes.

December 31 is just as arbitrary as any night to stay up until midnight and get plastered.

December 31 is just as arbitrary as any night to stay up until midnight and get plastered.

no it's not, i don't see tons of drunk, morally negotiable chicks in sparkly dresses that need to make out with someone (because some man was a genius and invented that idea) at my bars on march 18th, june 6th, august 25th, etc.

Last edited:
no it's not, i don't see tons of promiscuous chicks in sparkly dresses at my bars on march 18th.

that's because you're a day late, st. patty's day was yesterday.

no it's not, i don't see tons of drunk, morally negotiable chicks in sparkly dresses that need to make out with someone (because some man was a genius and invented that idea) at my bars on march 18th.

You are thinking about this backwards. The only reasons that morally negotiable chicks in sparkly dresses need to make out with someone is because someone decided that the (relatively) arbitrary Dec. 31st was the day to do that. New Years Eve wasn't invented because chicks need to hook it in sparkly dresses.

You are thinking about this backwards. The only reasons that morally negotiable chicks in sparkly dresses need to make out with someone is because someone decided that the (relatively) arbitrary Dec. 31st was the day to do that. New Years Eve wasn't invented because chicks need to hook it in sparkly dresses.

but it is the reason that i go out and spend money that i shouldn't.

but it is the reason that i go out and spend money that i shouldn't.

Sure, but PhDeac's point was that NYE is no less arbitrary for drinking and hooking it than January is for resolutions.

Sure, but PhDeac's point was that NYE is no less arbitrary for drinking and hooking it than January is for resolutions.

you can make changes at any point in the year. you only see crowds like that out on select days. i'm not talking about historical reasons or origins here...see how one is easier to change than the other?

you can make changes at any point in the year. you only see crowds like that out on select days. i'm not talking about historical reasons or origins here...see how one is easier to change than the other?

Idk, I can get drunk and hook it on other nights of the year too.

Idk, I can get drunk and hook it on other nights of the year too.

o-JOHN-BOEHNER-HARRY-REID-facebook.jpg

no it's not, i don't see tons of drunk, morally negotiable chicks in sparkly dresses that need to make out with someone (because some man was a genius and invented that idea) at my bars on march 18th, june 6th, august 25th, etc.

Because you don't go out in Tampa.

Settle down again (we moved twice in 2012 which aint easy for a family of five plus two pets)
Exercise again (no much since baby was born in April, no time)
Be more patient
Find some level of happiness in work

Also, on New Year's Eve, I drunkenly swore that I would climb Mt. Mckinley by 2014, so there is that as well.

Well fuck. It'd be like $15,000. Guess that one is off the table for awhile.

Back