• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2014 Resolutions

Get my pilot's lesson.
Attend more music festivals and concerts of bands I've never seen or know little about.
Become a legit single digit handicap (currently ~13).

Get in more message boards arguments. #crushingit

Get my pilot's lesson.
Attend more music festivals and concerts of bands I've never seen or know little about.
Become a legit single digit handicap (currently ~13).

I'm going to try and start this. I have a buddy who's a pilot and professional instructor and he took me up a few times last year, and just last week I decided that I wanted to go full on and get my license this year.

run 1500 miles
do non-running exercise twice a week
travel more: visit at least 2 new states or countries.

I'm going to try and start this. I have a buddy who's a pilot and professional instructor and he took me up a few times last year, and just last week I decided that I wanted to go full on and get my license this year.

I've heard getting your license is quite expensive. What's it running nowadays?

I've considered this as well. I too and curious about the cost. The other issue is my life insurance company makes me alert them if I become a pilot. I imagine my rate would go way up. Have you encountered this? The funny thing is I have a decent amount of anxiety with flying and I think learning more about it and being in control of the plane would help with that. But I'm not sure.

From what I understand, the cost is somewhere in the $5K-$8K range, though it's one of those things that you can spread out over time. Some people take a year or more to get their license, while others take 2 weeks off of work to get most of it done. It's all about logging hours in the cockpit, completing a certain number of takeoffs and landings and other things, and class time, and that can all be done at your own pace. I think if you cram it all into a couple of weeks it's cheaper since you don't lose credit for hours that you may have done months ago. A pilot's license is one of those things that you have to keep up. Even my friend, who is a licensed private and commercial pilot, and licensed instructor, had to log 5 takeoffs and landings in the plane we went up in before I was allowed to get into the plane.

Sub 3:30 marathon.
Sub 19:30 5k.
Be better about keeping up on laundry.

Laundry is the only real resolution. The others are just natural progressions to my post college/high school slowness.

i asked dhtoy how i could be a better fiancee/wife, and that what he listed was going to be my resolution. so my resolution is to "love like i say it." we say it a lot, but actions speak louder than words, and i need to work on that.

another one i added was just to not let the stress of wedding planning take over our relationship, and to make sure we're not just planning a wedding, but also planning a marriage. those are the only real goals, but i also am working more on the whole fiscal responsibility thing, namely retirement planning.

Also, on New Year's Eve, I drunkenly swore that I would climb Mt. Mckinley by 2014, so there is that as well.

i asked dhtoy how i could be a better fiancee/wife, and that what he listed was going to be my resolution. so my resolution is to "love like i say it." we say it a lot, but actions speak louder than words, and i need to work on that.

Sounds like a fancy way of asking for PIITB.

I think he was channeling Extreme, which I'm pretty sure is just a song about a guy asking for a BJ.

january is just as arbitrary as any other month to make changes.

january is just as arbitrary as any other month to make changes.

...but if it's the impetus someone needs to make a positive change in their own life, more power to them.

Back