• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 Football Coaching Carousel: Southern Miss HC to Tampa Bay

I wonder how good he will be at UVA. He's a West coast guy and BYU kind of recruits itself.

Per #UVA release Bronco Mendenhall was signed to a five-year deal that will pay $3.25 million per year.

"Haslam is swinging for the fences here and has brought his hefty check book with him to make sure he can land the Buckeyes' championship coach. The numbers on a potential offer are, well, staggering to say the least. Our source has said that $10 million per year is the starting point of potential negotiations, with minority ownership in the Browns being a part of the package that could add up to another $20 million to the contract over the lifetime of Meyer's potential era as Browns coach."

http://www.chatsports.com/cleveland...r-biggest-coaching-contract-nfl-history-24607

Chatsports is run by a highschooler who just makes up rumors. Don't believe anything that website says.

It was linked by a New Jersey newspaper. But I wouldn't pretend to know how reliable it is.

AD says that ECU should be in the position of competing for conference championships each year. Methinks its the AD wanting to hire his own guy. Ruffin is a great guy and loved by the fanbase. I have no idea where they go from here.

My wife is an ECU alum, and I'm a season ticket holder. I think a lot of the head-scratching is mis-guided. I didn't grow up an ECU fan, but I've adopted the school as a second team over the past five or so years. That said, I've definitely got the impression that a lot of ECU fans live in their own universe, where they don't understand the realities of college sports.

Everyone keeps pointing toward "almost" wins at Florida and BYU, as well as the loss of Lincoln Riley, Shane Carden, and Kurt Benkert. The problem is, even when ECU was winning, it's very much been in spite of McNeill. He's supposedly a defensive-minded coach, but the "almost" wins were a direct result of defensive breakdowns late in game. Last year, ECU lost to UCF on a last-second Hail Mary because McNeill mismanaged the clock. Fans also are pounding their chest about his "state championship" and wins over Va Tech. But those accolades are fools gold too. They've played a down UNC/NCSU teams, and the wins against VT are against the same VT that likely would have fired their idol of a coach had he not retired. The fan base is sour on the idea, but they're clinging to the idea that he's a "great guy." I think we've all heard those arguments somewhere before.

My wife is an ECU alum, and I'm a season ticket holder. I think a lot of the head-scratching is mis-guided. I didn't grow up an ECU fan, but I've adopted the school as a second team over the past five or so years. That said, I've definitely got the impression that a lot of ECU fans live in their own universe, where they don't understand the realities of college sports.

Everyone keeps pointing toward "almost" wins at Florida and BYU, as well as the loss of Lincoln Riley, Shane Carden, and Kurt Benkert. The problem is, even when ECU was winning, it's very much been in spite of McNeill. He's supposedly a defensive-minded coach, but the "almost" wins were a direct result of defensive breakdowns late in game. Last year, ECU lost to UCF on a last-second Hail Mary because McNeill mismanaged the clock. Fans also are pounding their chest about his "state championship" and wins over Va Tech. But those accolades are fools gold too. They've played a down UNC/NCSU teams, and the wins against VT are against the same VT that likely would have fired their idol of a coach had he not retired. The fan base is sour on the idea, but they're clinging to the idea that he's a "great guy." I think we've all heard those arguments somewhere before.

There is a good chance that they end up with coach that doesn't screw up end of game situations, because they aren't in it at the end of games.

Looks like South Carolina interviewed PhDeac's man Willie Taggert. Dude went from almost getting fired to interviewing for "better" jobs.

USF last year was similar to Wake this year. I hope Clawson does the right thing like Taggart did.

I had thought UVA was looking more at up and coming coaches. But Mendenhall on the face of it appears to be a really good hire and has more experience than the other guys they were looking at. And yeah, the Coastal has seriously upgraded. We probably won't be stealing as many top 30s from VA in the future.

not part of the carousel but fedora agrees to a new 7 year contract with unc

So MD and Rutgers hired Michigan and OSU's DCs. Hilarious.

Looks like South Carolina interviewed PhDeac's man Willie Taggert. Dude went from almost getting fired to interviewing for "better" jobs.

And Slick Willie parlayed that interview into an extension until 2020.

Back