• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 Wake Forest Commencement Address Speaker Will Be Stephen Colbert

TownieDeac

words are futile devices
Reaction score
140326204111-network---stephen-colbert-story-top.jpg

Last edited:
awesome. will it be Stephen Colbert or "Stephen Colbert" doing the speech?

Good get for Wake and will get the university in the headlines, but I wouldn't be super pumped for a media personality if I was student. But then I am not really sure what commencement speaker would make me super pumped.

That is huge. Four months before his Late Show debut.

Good get for Wake and will get the university in the headlines, but I wouldn't be super pumped for a media personality if I was student. But then I am not really sure what commencement speaker would make me super pumped.

We aren't sure either.

bush-huh.jpg

Anyone who thinks this isn't a home run for WF is an idiot.

52335899.jpg

Yes, he would get me super pumped. As would Obama, Clinton, etc.

The commencement address is just a largely pointless exercise. Let's have people sit in the sun, in black gowns for 20 minutes while someone lists off platitudes, all while pretending way too hard not to look like he or she is listing off platitudes.

Yea! Awesome!

Maybe Wake is no longer in decline?

I'd argue that good commencement speakers don't deal in platitudes. Granted, most of them I've sat through have, but I've also read some transcripts and seen some videos of some really, really good ones.

Yes, he would get me super pumped. As would Obama, Clinton, etc.

The commencement address is just a largely pointless exercise. Let's have people sit in the sun, in black gowns for 20 minutes while someone lists off platitudes, all while pretending way too hard not to look like he or she is listing off platitudes.

You have no idea who Stephen Colbert is, do you?

Back