• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 Wake Forest Commencement Address Speaker Will Be Stephen Colbert

Cardinal Francis Arinze. Couldn't understand a word the man said.

Didn't realize that Colbert was UVa's 2013 commencement speaker.

Only part of Barbara Bush's speech I remember is that she told a long story of the life story of Wayne Gretzky, only she mispronounced it like "Grinsky" and said it over and over again.

I honestly don't remember anything Barbara Bush, TK or anyone else said. I can remember Margaret Thatcher's speech pretty well though. Came away with impression she had a crush on Ronald Reagan.

Stephen Colbert is a great choice for a speaker.

Cardinal Francis Arinze. Couldn't understand a word the man said.

Yup - so boring. Didn't help that I was hung over, running on two hours sleep, and sweating to death in the blazing sun. That ice cold bottle of Aquafina under my chair saved my life.

I honestly don't remember anything Barbara Bush, TK or anyone else said. I can remember Margaret Thatcher's speech pretty well though. Came away with impression she had a crush on Ronald Reagan.

Stephen Colbert is a great choice for a speaker.

I just remember the rain from the 01 graduation...for that matter, all I really remember about my own graduation is how g'damn cold it was and that Ovie offered me his pants to deal with the cold.

I just remember the rain from the 01 graduation...for that matter, all I really remember about my own graduation is how g'damn cold it was and that Ovie offered me his pants to deal with the cold.

Do what now?

I remember Colin Powell making a mention of Abu Ghraib and the central message was "do the right thing." It was awesome that he did the induction of new officers and the "Welcome to MY Army" line was really cool. He also stuck around to shake hands with every graduate.

It was a nice day on Monday, May 17, 2004 though the sun was bright. I sat on the side near Poteat and had shade during the entire graduation.

Do what now?

Ovie said "hey, Courtney, you look cold, do you want my pants? You can't have my socks because I need them to keep my feet warm, but if you want, you can have my pants."

In 2000 Cisco Systems CEO John Chambers made the bold prediction that the internet was going to be huge. Very inspirational speech, I'll always remember it.

I'm quite jealous of many of the speakers since then.

Didn't realize that Colbert was UVa's 2013 commencement speaker.

Yeah, I didn't go, but he had 1 great line that was in the paper the next day. He praised President Sullivan for being so much better than the last President Sullivan because that last President Sullivan was terrible.

We had Gary Trudeau my year. He was good. My view on graduation speakers is it's cool to have interesting folks who might be right or left but avoid politicians from either party.

In 2000 Cisco Systems CEO John Chambers made the bold prediction that the internet was going to be huge. Very inspirational speech, I'll always remember it.

I'm quite jealous of many of the speakers since then.
How prescient! So you went out and bought Internet stock and here you are, a billionaire!

Back