• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Football Recruiting Thread - Notes from NSD Press Conference and Reception

Franklin at PSU has started following him. The thing is since he can't take any official visits before NSD would he feel comfortable committing to a program that he can't meet in person? He could also visit after NSD like Colburn did last year, but I think the fact the Wake staff already has had contact with him is helpful.

What is the downside with waiting until after NSD?

If Riley loves 'Bama so much, he should swallow his pride and take the shirt. We should welcome him if he doesn't. Does anybody know why Harbaugh is having this purge so late?

What is the downside with waiting until after NSD?

There really is none and I suspect that is what he'll do. Just highlighting that the fact that Wake's contact with him before (unlike a school that is coming in now like PSU) is helpful.

There are 3 new Crystal Ball predictions for Arkeem Byrd to Mizzou.

For whatever reason, I think we still have a good chance with byrd. The first person to give a crystal ball was a Minnesota writer who probably thinks the SEC school has the best chance, since he did not visit them for last visit. Then everyone else followed. I'm keeping my fingers crossed :)

Dont think he's coming, but Deuce Statham is announcing Wednesday and the Deacon hat was on his list

Actually 247 is now stating that Statham did in fact take his OV to Wake this past weekend, but I haven't seen that confirmed anywhere. Another report on twitter is that he is only considering Vandy, Wake, and Cincy. He is RTing things from all fan bases at the moment. This recruitment seems totally up in the air right now and I think it would be a good pickup for the 2016 class

Riley Cole was offered by Oklahoma yesterday. I had a feeling there would be a solid market for him. Lots of teams looking for a late add.

Actually 247 is now stating that Statham did in fact take his OV to Wake this past weekend, but I haven't seen that confirmed anywhere. Another report on twitter is that he is only considering Vandy, Wake, and Cincy. He is RTing things from all fan bases at the moment. This recruitment seems totally up in the air right now and I think it would be a good pickup for the 2016 class

Riley Cole was offered by Oklahoma yesterday. I had a feeling there would be a solid market for him. Lots of teams looking for a late add.

I would assume we will prioritize Statham over Cole for many reasons. 1) Statham visited this weekend 2) our relationship is newer and stronger with Statham and we are loyal 3) offers like OK to Cole are on the horizon.

Seems like the only names that could commit at this point are Staham, Byrd, and/or a name we have yet to hear yet/preferred walk-on.

48 Hours of drama left. I like your outlook on Stratham DeacsorDie. I hope the coaches get the players that they want.

I think people are getting carried away with both Statham and Cole. Cole is nothing but pure speculation at this point. Best guess is that Statham is not a take.

Got confirmation Statham did not actually take an OV this past weekend and 247 was wrong. Lines up with the fact he had zero twitter activity on WF over the weekend. Also hearing Byrd is looking less and less likely. Barring Byrd rapidly changing his mind or something coming out of nowhere I think the class is pretty much done.

Riley Cole's father said in an interview that Cole will commit and sign on NSD. Said that Riley was basically down to 3 schools, but I didn't get the sense that list was final. He declined to name the 3. Confirmed that Oklahoma offered. Said that he had very informal discussions with Florida, Mississippi State and Vanderbilt yesterday. Said that Riley was loyal and that some schools "had been with him since Day 1". Specifically mentioned Wake Forest and South Alabama, but also said there were some schools that had stayed in contact with him throughout that hadn't originally offered. I got the sense that the situation is very open and fluid.

Changes my view that a Wake Forest link was pure speculation.

Regardless of Statham and Cole, I'm feeling very good about this class and would be pleased if we ended up with the commits we currently have .......and no negative news.
Quantity and quality of this group is very good.

Now that NSD is here, I'm trying to get caught up on this thread...

Are there any things to watch for besides Statham and Cole?

Now that NSD is here, I'm trying to get caught up on this thread...

Are there any things to watch for besides Statham and Cole?

In addition to Byrd, just to make sure that all of our commits sign on Wednesday as anticipated.

2 more Crystal Balls for Byrd to Mizzou. So that continues to trend the wrong direction.

I agree with everyone else that a late add looks unlikely. OK with me. Lots of teams are reaching for recruits at this point.

Back