• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Football Recruiting Thread - Notes from NSD Press Conference and Reception

2 more Crystal Balls for Byrd to Mizzou. So that continues to trend the wrong direction.

I agree with everyone else that a late add looks unlikely. OK with me. Lots of teams are reaching for recruits at this point.

So long as we hold on to the verbals we have!

A very big preferred walk-on commit tonight from LB Connor Miller. Unbelievable offer sheet for a PWO. I expect Miller will have a great opportunity to earn playing time and maybe a scholarship down the road. Great news.

A very big preferred walk-on commit tonight from LB Connor Miller. Unbelievable offer sheet for a PWO. I expect Miller will have a great opportunity to earn playing time and maybe a scholarship down the road. Great news.

6' 2" 225 with 13 offers, mostly smaller schools, but includes Army, Navy and Air Force.
And a 'local' guy from Charlotte.

Welcome Connor!

Staff deserves credit for what they've been able to do with the PWOs this year. Still watching/hoping for D.J. Washington as well.

Really like that we are getting another Charlotte connection with Miller. All upside.

Lol.

"No knock on Wake Forest, but they won three games this year; there's three teams within a 30-minute drive of each other," Gilmartin said. "If you want a great education and stay in the state of North Carolina, you go to Duke, you know?"

UCONN is not in the rivals top 100 for 2016 team rankings. That is all.

An early heads-up for tomorrow. I got some info a while back that one of our commits sustained an injury that led to a mutual decision to rehab at home and delay enrollment until January 2017. He’s not one of the recruits that you would have expected to be a grayshirt candidate.

I am reluctant to name names because I don’t know if my info is current or how the staff will handle this tomorrow. However, I am guessing he will not sign an LOI tomorrow.

The most important thing to note is that from what I heard this recruit is very pro-Wake, pro-Clawson and focused on staying positive and being 100% ready to go in January. In my opinion he is a LOCK to remain committed to Wake and profiles as an impact player down the road. I’m sharing this info in the hopes that IF the LOI doesn’t come in tomorrow, people don’t freakout or (God forbid) post anything negative.

We can considered his time at home as his redshirt year.
Then, hopefully, he'll be ready to go in fall 2017.

If I remember correctly, the last time we had gray shirts (Chase, Vogelsang, et al), they signed a LOI dated for the following Jan. It kept our part of the deal and if they wanted out, they had to request a release. Any changes since?

If I remember correctly, the last time we had gray shirts (Chase, Vogelsang, et al), they signed a LOI dated for the following Jan. It kept our part of the deal and if they wanted out, they had to request a release. Any changes since?

I quickly researched and it looks like grayshirts can sign Letters of Intent tomorrow. My mistake. So I had no reason for concern. If what I read is correct then it gives coaching staffs even longer than I thought to make these decisions. They can wait the entire spring to see what attrition occurs etc.

Lol.

"No knock on Wake Forest, but they won three games this year; there's three teams within a 30-minute drive of each other," Gilmartin said. "If you want a great education and stay in the state of North Carolina, you go to Duke, you know?"

That fool thinks Duke is in North Carolina.

I quickly researched and it looks like grayshirts can sign Letters of Intent tomorrow. My mistake. So I had no reason for concern. If what I read is correct then it gives coaching staffs even longer than I thought to make these decisions. They can wait the entire spring to see what attrition occurs etc.

I was literally just about to post this info, 94. I've been given the impression that the entire class will sign tomorrow.

No loss missing out on Gilmartin....kid looks like a mid major dime a dozen prospect,

Lol.

"UConn has great academics" Really? Since when?

Back