• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Football Recruiting Thread - Notes from NSD Press Conference and Reception

After reading all these Riley Cole articles and the quotes from his Dad, I am feeling very confident about WFs chances. He and/or his Dad has mentioned about how he wants to go somewhere where he feels valued by the staff and that he already knows where he is going (made it sound like he made a decision right after he decommitted)....WF has been with him from the beginnin and was his best offer after he decommitted.

Byrd or Cole would be a great present tomorrow. Our class won't live or die based on their decisions, but they would really elevate the class and be terrific adds for the program.

Speaking of Byrd, a Georgia Southern beat writer tweeted earlier that he thought Byrd would pick WF tomorrow. I asked him what that was based off of and he said it was his prediction after "Speaking with his coach." That sounds extremely encouraging and makes all the Mizzou Crystal Ball predictions seem a lot more based on "pick momentum" than on any concrete info.

New crystal ball for cole to South Alabama from a south Alabama insider. I agree that the recent articles on cole sound encouraging. I also read that most SEC schools have reached out to cole, including Alabama who have been trying to get back into it. Would love to add this guy to our class in addition to bryd, who I think we still have a good shot at.

I would keep expectations low for both. I think Cole is absolutely going to South Alabama. I think our chances with Byrd are < 20%. I'm trying to tell myself that one is not over until it's over. Beating six late Crystal Balls is unlikely. Plus Georgia is still a wildcard.

Only a few hours to go.......
Any guesses on who sends in the first LOI?

We have 10 LOIs in this morning so far.
That's on top of the 6 that are already enrolled.
Looking good.

When do we find out who the "injured" grayshirter is? I really hope it is not Surhen, that would be so "Wake Forest".

Overall, I am really excited about this class. Adds to the wealth of young talent we have; just need to continue to develop it and we are golden!

Some interesting notes on the guys who have signed so far:
-Liverpool is listed as a TE not DL
-jacquez Williams listed as LB (rover I'm guessing is where they see him as)
-Delaney listed as DB not RB

We just got Arkeem Byrd!!!!!

Great day for the Deacs!

Back