• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Panthers Thread: MOVING ON

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crazy that the FRESH DEACS won an ACC Championship and flamed out of the NFL but the four NBA players who lost to Cleveland St are still going strong.

Was it Tampa Bay last year where DA completely threw the game away with that horrendous interception inside the 10? I'm not sure DA is even a top 10 back up QB in the league anymore, but I do like having him on the sidelines.

ETA: Apparently SI made a list in May of the best backup QB's:

1. Jimmy Garoppolo, Patriots
2. Matt Moore, Dolphins
3. Trevor Siemian/Paxton Lynch, Broncos
4. Colt McCoy, Redskins
5. Deshaun Watson, Texans
6. AJ McCarron, Bengals
7. T.J. Yates/Cardale Jones/Nathan Peterman, Bills
8. Mitchell Trubisky/Mike Glennon, Bears
9. Chad Henne, Jaguars
10. Geno Smith, Giants
11. Drew Stanton, Cardinals
12. Kevin Hogan/Brock Osweiler/DeShone Kizer, Browns
13. Chase Daniel, Saints
14. Derek Anderson, Panthers
15. Nick Foles, Eagles
16. Ryan Mallett, Ravens
17. Case Keenum, Vikings
18. Matt Barkley/CJ Beathard, 49ers
19. Bryce Petty/Christian Hackenberg, Jets – special Jets category
20. Landry Jones/Josh Dobbs, Steelers
21. Trevone Boykin, Seahawks
22. Patrick Mahomes, Chiefs
23. Matt Cassel, Titans
24. Kellen Clemens, Chargers
25. Connor Cook/EJ Manuel, Raiders
26. Matt Schaub, Falcons
27. Brett Hundley, Packers
28. Kellen Moore, Cowboys
29. Scott Tolzien, Colts
30. Sean Mannion, Rams
31. Jake Rudock/Brad Kaaya, Lions
32. Ryan Griffin, Buccaneers

Last edited:
Was it Tampa Bay last year where DA completely threw the game away with that horrendous interception inside the 10? I'm not sure DA is even a top 10 back up QB in the league anymore, but I do like having him on the sidelines.

ETA: Apparently SI made a list in May of the best backup QB's:

1. Jimmy Garoppolo, Patriots
2. Matt Moore, Dolphins
3. Trevor Siemian/Paxton Lynch, Broncos
4. Colt McCoy, Redskins
5. Deshaun Watson, Texans
6. AJ McCarron, Bengals
7. T.J. Yates/Cardale Jones/Nathan Peterman, Bills
8. Mitchell Trubisky/Mike Glennon, Bears
9. Chad Henne, Jaguars
10. Geno Smith, Giants
11. Drew Stanton, Cardinals
12. Kevin Hogan/Brock Osweiler/DeShone Kizer, Browns
13. Chase Daniel, Saints
14. Derek Anderson, Panthers
15. Nick Foles, Eagles
16. Ryan Mallett, Ravens
17. Case Keenum, Vikings
18. Matt Barkley/CJ Beathard, 49ers
19. Bryce Petty/Christian Hackenberg, Jets – special Jets category
20. Landry Jones/Josh Dobbs, Steelers
21. Trevone Boykin, Seahawks
22. Patrick Mahomes, Chiefs
23. Matt Cassel, Titans
24. Kellen Clemens, Chargers
25. Connor Cook/EJ Manuel, Raiders
26. Matt Schaub, Falcons
27. Brett Hundley, Packers
28. Kellen Moore, Cowboys
29. Scott Tolzien, Colts
30. Sean Mannion, Rams
31. Jake Rudock/Brad Kaaya, Lions
32. Ryan Griffin, Buccaneers

That list is whack. DA is old and no stud, but you're telling me you'd rather have Drew Stanton or Geno Smith starting a game over him? Geno Smith?!?!?

That list is nuts. Deshaun Watson is apparently being frozen out of a starting job by some guy in Houston.

Ryan Mallet is #16 and he's so bad the Ravens are shaking their heads and looking at Kaepernick.

If you're listing a group of three donks instead of one qb, you can't rank them at 7 or 12 as best backup qb.

Right, which is why he's been a backup for like 8 years. He's definitely serviceable, and much better than Geno Smith.

"serviceable", in my definition, doesn't include a QB that can't win at home vs. Tampa Bay in a must win situation where TB misses 3 (or 4?) FGs

I said he was terrible, but he was 18 of 28 for 278 yards with 2 ints. Led the team to two TDs in the third quarter with JStew on the bench. He also lost a fumble.

DAs 4th quarter endzone INT against the Bucs last year was one of the dumbest throws I've ever seen. It was tied, it was 1st down, we were on the 1 or 2 yard line, the Bucs didn't bite on PA and the receiver was triple covered and DA lofted the ball into a crowd of Bucs.

"serviceable", in my definition, doesn't include a QB that can't win at home vs. Tampa Bay in a must win situation where TB misses 3 (or 4?) FGs

He has also beaten Tampa a couple of times, so there is that. DA is good enough to beat bad/mediocre teams, when the rest of the team is playing well. AKA serviceable.

He has also beaten Tampa a couple of times, so there is that. DA is good enough to beat bad/mediocre teams, when the rest of the team is playing well. AKA serviceable.

How many years ago was that? I have no confidence we can beat any team on the road with DA and only a handful at home.

And that's mainly just the nature of a backup QB in the NFL. There's a reason no one is asking for him when starters go down.

DAs 4th quarter endzone INT against the Bucs last year was one of the dumbest throws I've ever seen. It was tied, it was 1st down, we were on the 1 or 2 yard line, the Bucs didn't bite on PA and the receiver was triple covered and DA lofted the ball into a crowd of Bucs.

Very true but also why tf are you throwing on first down at the 1 yard line with your backup QB? The redzone is the biggest difference between good and bad QBs, and only half the league has 1 good QB, let alone a backup who's legit good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back